• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to the world of bartons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

ok it seems my next CPU to o/c the hell out of is gonna be a lucky 2500+ and i just wanna know what steppings are currently available and what they can reach and at what voltage. thanks

hmmm seems none own a 2500+ yes or they dont wanna help me out.. i dont wanna buy a dud so id like to know about the current steppings please.. thanks

The one I have is about typical of most current batches. In fact most newer weeks should be a little better than this. It does results in sig, or 220x10=2.2GHz @ 1.6V. The 2.2 runs fairly cool, considering its using less than stock voltage, the 2.4 is a little 'heaty'.

I hope this helps.

my barton 2500+

my barton 2500+ is running @ 2208mhz (11.5x192) @ 1.65v (default)

i know the cpu runs @ 2.3ghz @ 1.75v
and 2.4ghz @ 1.925v

ive tried higher than 2.4ghz at various vcores up to 2.05v
and none seem to be very stable.

the exact stepping is AQXEA 0321 "Y", im 99% sure its 0321, if not then its 0323. when i get my other board back ill check for sure.

first letter of the OPN on the third row (think its third row)

AXDA...... "y"(serial#)(batch#)
AQXEA0321upew

(edit: second set of text)

Last edited:
ok from the last day or so of researching the 2500+ steppings it seems the AQUCA(i think thats the stepping) is the best for the speeds i wish to acheive so i will look into this. anyone got any ideas when this stepping was produced to help narrow down my search for it

Back