• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Thingie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is an air cooled pelt that adjusts the pelt and fan according to the cpu usage/heat. It is meant more for qiet air cooling than extreme cooling, from the reviews that I have seen.

It must be pretty mild then. I did a quick scan of the article so I didn't get all the details. One thing's for sure, the heatsink did not seem very aggressive to the eye. For a good peltier it would need to be.

That is a nice way to go. So I assume the peltier is regualted so you never should get condensation. I think I would prefer VapoChills case chiller. But it is a nice idea anyway.

Thank You,
Daniel

dont get your hopes up. From what i remember it gives quite bad temps. or at least bad temps for the price you have to pay

as said above its aimed more towards quietness than cooling

It's a horrible cooler. Too expensive, temps are beneath sub-par. Its actually only 75 watts, and today's CPUs put out more than 100w, so its really just an expensive, low efficient blanket.

Bottom Line: Don't bother.

Its a lousy setup, right from the owner of one. It does no better than a Aeroflow, let alone a proper Swift, Thermalright, or Zalman setup. It is LOUD at full blast, its an extruded aluminum sink, and has by my calculations an 86.5w peltier unit.

dudomann said:
well then how about posting some links to some decent setups! i'm looking for something new.
~Bobb

yeah, I'm seeing a lot of lazy replyers around here!
so much for "some general input".

Anyway, I shouldn't turn this into something ugly (though I often have that effect).
That Thermaltake pelt piece of corporate profit mongering would cost you $100, so you can get anything short of water-cooling for that much.
suggested:
Swiftech, Thermalright, Zalman.
-Swiftech makes beautifully engineered and machined blocks, but they're expensive and Thermalright's often perform a bit (sic) better. The fan is up to you and your tastes concerning noise -vs- performance.
-Thermalright is pretty much a sure thing no matter which block you get. The fan, again, is up to you.
-Zalman, specifically the 7000(A)Cu or 7000(A)AlCu and no other Zalman CPU heatsinks, are good for a very quiet and well performing heatsink. The 'A' is their newer version which includes more mounting hardware to fit on AMD chips.

Back