• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob asking for help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mj23jay_lin

Registered
I'm running XP2100+ with 2 256MB PC2100 Crucial DDR on Soyo Dragon Lite KT-333.

I've overclocked from 1.7Ghz to 1.8Ghz, anything higher than that my PC just refuse to boot. I can't set my multiplier any lower than 13x, there aren't anything options for <13x, and my PC won't run higher than that either.

Thought it's running faster (therotically) but I'm suffering from CPU temp, it's running at around 55°C now, 10°C higher than it used to.

So here's my questions:
1) Am I doing anything wrong? 'Cuz I've no idea if I'm overclocking correctly or not, it just doesn't seem that I could only overclock so little.
2)How far can I push my RAM, and how do I do it?

Welcome to the forums!!!!

It sounds like you have a 2100+ palamino CPU, not a 2100+ Tbred. You have reached the max potential for that CPU if that is the case. You can however, unlock the multiplyers and set a lower multi with high FSB to get better performace at that CPUI speed. Unlocking a 2100+ palamino may not be very easy though...

Your not doing anything wrong. Your ram can probably handle 166-180 FSB. The 10x or 10.5 multiplyer would be perfect for reaching those FSB speeds if you were to unlock the CPU.

Back