• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Same problem on MAX3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

^^^Floorkiller^^^

I have as others the same problem, for example Krag here:

krag said:
yeah I have had it from day one. When I am oc'ing and messing with my mem timings and I happen to select one that won't allow me to boot i have to re-boot 3 to 4 times before it will post. Hit the power button...all the lights come on...black screen...no post...repeat 3 to 4 times until post screen pops up.

It's worse now with the official 1.7v bios. It does it when my computer has been safley turned off (via windows shut down) overnight. I get up in the morning to drink my 60oz. of coffee and check my e-mails by turning on my computer and its like no-boot-city.....I have to re-boot 3 to 4 times before I get the post screen. I didn't have that problem with any other bios version including the beta 1.7v I got from Mica.

Anybody have anything similar?

And now it happens on the MAX3 too.
Last night i started to get problem to boot up and i had to do reset 2-3 times.
But then later things just got worse, 3-4 times before a post beep and there is more i couldnt even oc to 215fsb and sometimes even default settings did not even load the os.
Just before bedtime i could even enter Bios anymore, regardles of Cmos clear and resets.
So i was thinking, ohh great another board in computer heaven.
The exact same problem happend on IC7 and made my go by this MAX3...stupid as i might be i really like the MAX3 and all its candy on the board.
So the only last thing i could even think of was that (as i have seen in a post on this great forum) if i remove the battery and pulled out every single cord with power to the computer and cleared the Cmos over night.

I went up out of bed 4hours later (gasp) and pulled it all back to normal and ""BEEP"" *omg* the thing boots up.
I go into BIOS and set up all the oc settings as like i want them to be and do a reboot.
BEEP agian !! *the board is back from heaven*
I load os and its all back to normal.

BUT?? why, what happend??
I have seen ppl say, change the battery and it might go away.
That is if its a BIOS issu and nothing else.
Could be heat, since it got worse over time, now why would the BIOS get worse over time.
I meen from 2-3 to 3-4 reboots, no oc at all and then to no go at all ???

Abit will see a letter from me, be sure of that !!

But what could cause this?

/Best regardes Mike...

Well im sorry if i posted the text in the same color as the background, but im sure i didnt...

(hmm, now were is the replies....)

I meen 126 ppl have looked at my post and :( 0 reply.

i feel alone ...

Can't find your specs anywhere.......... I'm not having any probs so with all these peeps having all these probs, I kinda felt like the Lone Ranger myself...... Anyway not much I can offer without specs, sorry..........

I have the same problem on my IC7 but I don't even know if it's a problem...really more of an annoyance. I would be interested in a fix as well but I seem to be having this problem with every bios.

Back