• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte MB not detecting my TT Subzero-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Motley

I've got a new Gigabyte MB, GA-400NPro2, AMD 3000+, and a TT Subzero-G cooler, and the motherboard does not detect the fan. Yes, I have the CPU fan connector on the MB connected. The system beeps, then shuts down. Runs fine with a different fan.

I couldn't find anywhere in the BIOS, to disable fan detection.

Any ideas? I spent $140 on this Subzero thing, (I know, but I like the noise reduction).

Thanks for any suggestions...

I am not familiar how this system works so pardon my ignorance.
Do the fan on the TEC attain power from a 3 pin mobo connector or a 4pin or straight from the TEC powersupply?

How long is it taking before your system shuts off?
Is there just one continuous beep or does it have a pattern?

If you are looking for the CPU fan detection, look for something like Shut off PC if CPU fan fails.

Also coming from ignorance, does the fan have a speed controller? My Soyo mobo won't allow the comp to boot up if the speed reading on the fan is too low. (Its called Fan-off-control, or FOC on my mobo' bios, maybe that will help.)

Basically try to turn the speed of the fan up when you're trying to boot, but then you should be able to turn it back down when you're in windows. Or just disable the FOC within the PC health section of your BIOS.
~Bobb

His HSF/TEC combo has an automatic fan speed control that regulates itself according to temperature. I believe it connects to the mobo header by the 3 pin connector (this is how it monitors fan speed and temperature I assume). Corrections welcome if I'm wrong. :)

do you have the option for the motherboard to shut down in case of fan failure? if yes you prolly need to turn it off.

Thanks for all the suggestions...

The subzero fan, is powered by the PCI card, and has a one wire, for the connector going to the MB. There is no speed control on the subzero, it's controled by the PCI card.

In the BIOS, there is no option for fan off control. All there is, is an option for smart fan control, which, i guess, regulates the fan speed. Should I try to disable that?

When the system powers on, it beeps about 5 times, then shuts down immediately.

Any more suggestions?

Appriciate all the help...

Hmmm, well, if i can't get this working, then i might just go with a different heatsink/fan.

Any suggestions on a nice, quite fan, that will cool enough for some minor OC?

i really think you should try calling them or something. It should be universally (sp?) compatible

Hmmm, well, i disabled everything I could think of, including the smart fan control. I even tried to connect a case fan to the CPU FAN1 connector, and to no avail. So, I'm stuck i guess...???

That damn subzero sucks balls anyways...

Thanks for all the help though....

peace,

Motley

For that price, as said above, you should be able to contact their tech support.

Personally, I'd try to return it and instead get an SLK series cooler and put a Panaflo on there (30cfm or so). It'll keep temperatures just fine for stock and mild OCs, but it might not be an option.

Back