• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB above 200 won't post with a multi below 11! (DLT3C 1700+, A7N8X DLX 2.0)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
The title says it all - My board won't post when the FSB is set above 200 and the multi is *below* 11.

It works fine with multipliers 11+, but nothing below. My board (isn't chipset volt modded yet) can only run the FSB up to 215 - but with the higher multipliers there are no problems at all.

Is there any way I can get the lower multipliers to work with the higher FSB? I am currently running at 200 x 12 - if that matters.

It may matter that my chip is socket wire-volt modded to allow the higher range of Vcores (again - my motherboard has a crappy Vcore selection that caps at 1.75 without such a mod... modded brings the cap up to 1.85)

Specs: DLT3C JIUHB 0319 1700+, ASUS A7N8X-DLX 2.0, crappy DDR 333 RAM, BIOS rev. 1006

Thanks in advance!

need better ram, ddr400 or ddr433 to go above 200, plus, get the 1005uber bios, so u can up the chipset voltage

Yeah I must agree.....I begin to get tons of stability problems at 200+ no matter what timings.....so if you would like more then that I would suggest getting better ram......altough I would probably stick with that ram....since 200fsbx12 is very awsome indeed :).....I wouldn't upgrade that ram for a very long while.....just MHO :)

Well - right now I am running the RAM @ 66% sync (133 to the 200 FSB), and raising the FSB up to 215 only raises the RAM frequency to around 140 - more than low enough for this DDR 333 RAM...

The 10X Multiplier works fine with all FSB frequencies below 200 - when I hit 200 the lower (below 11) multipliers stop working. I am sure that better RAM would help me a lot (I am looking at buying a 512 kit of OCZ DDR 450), but I think the problem lies with the processor.

And I have heard that the 1005 UBER BIOS Chipset Voltage Caps does absolutely nothing at all - I.E. it doesn't actually change the chipset voltage... I may be wrong though.

felinusz said:
And I have heard that the 1005 UBER BIOS Chipset Voltage Caps does absolutely nothing at all - I.E. it doesn't actually change the chipset voltage... I may be wrong though.

Correct. Several people over at www.nforcershq.com measured the chipset voltage w/ a multimeter using the uber bios and found that it indeed did not change at all. One person claimed it helped them to get higher FSB, but I doubt it had anything to do with the chipset voltage entry in the uber bios. Most agree that it is of no benefit.

*heh* Where can I get said cheap RAM in Canada for a reasonable price (seriously)?

But I still don't think it is the RAM - things work great with any multiplier above 10.5 - I have no idea what is preventing me from using the lower multis with FSB values equal to or above 200.

Back