• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit MAX3 and CPU Temperature problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n0s

I have been reading that the Abit MAX3 seems to show the cpu temp to be almost 10 degrees C higher then rival boards when actually they seem to be running at the same temp, is there a reason for this and is there an update to sort the problem out?

don't worry about it just subtract 10-15 degrees.......the update will prolly come out later.........that's how abit is made, the update is usualy is by flashing your bios

Welcome to the world of ABIT motherboards. Every computer I have built recently with an ABIT (TH7, BD7, BE7, IS7, IC7) motherboard have temp reporting issues. I doubt abit will ever fix the problem. My rule of thumb for obtaining an appropriate temp is run the cpu at stock setting with the stock HSF and record the load temp and use that as your guide.

when i had my nf7-s v1.1 i just had to update the bios to fix that problem......but sadly p4 mobo's don't have

I have my digital doc 5 reading temps right now.

Winbond says 44c, DigiDoc says 32.8c

So there you have it. I've stuck the flat thermoresistor into the fins of my zalman and it's pretty tight in there, so chances are its off by a few degrees if that.

Cheers,
Axiom

n0s said:
I have been reading that the Abit MAX3 seems to show the cpu temp to be almost 10 degrees C higher then rival boards when actually they seem to be running at the same temp, is there a reason for this and is there an update to sort the problem out?

The reason is that Abit connsiders the compensation that they use on the sensor chips to give more accurate temp readings than all the other mobos...

There's a whole bunch of posts about this issue over at Abit-usa forums.

There will be no "update" because according to Abit there's nothing to fix......

My temps are reading 40 at idle and 50 at load, but no higher.

Ten degree difference from the AX4C with the same cooling. Never thought I woudl see the day where my chip hit 50 on my water cooling rig:) As stated just set your MB5 setting ten degrees less the sensor and you should get close to standard temps of other boards.

Back