• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Excaliber 1800+....Initial Results Inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brennan77

Well I got my new 1800 from excaliberpc.com

The steppings were just as advertised.

AXDA1800DLT3C
JIUHB:0311MPMW

Currently, I'm running @2300mhz(200x11.5). It's stable with 1.65v and Prime95 stable with 1.675v. It's fairly promising though I have a hunch that it's gonna want a lot more juice for anything higher.

I'm hesitant to try much further today. I just took the thing out of the box this morning, so it's only been running for 5 hours now.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let everyone know what's up with the excaliber 1800.

nice man....sounds like my 1800+ to get to 2.4 I need 1.75vcore....to get to 2.5 I need 1.9 vcore.....so as you get alot faster it takes alot more power....:)

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. Those voltages are exactly what I was thinking I would need. I'll probably setting in around 2400. I'll try it right now as a matter of fact. :) Haven't tried it yet.

No second thought, I'll wait for things to cool down a bit around here. From what I understand, getting above 2300 is temperature sensative. I'm not running hot right now by any means, but the room is warm.

my 1700+ needs 1.775 to be prime stable at 2300mhz.

IT needs 1.85 for 2400mhz.

It needs 2.0 for 2500mhz.

Me thinks i have a dud.

Well I'm running a sort of "Burn-In" on it.

I've got it set to 1.8v at 1500mhz. Running Prime95 while typing this, the temp is 35C. It'll drop significantly with the cooler air overnight.

I don't really believe all the burn-in hubbub as of yet, but I've got to type a paper and I figure why not. We'll see.

I'll probably settle around 2.4 as you have. I dunno. I need to research the possibility of damaging other components when burning out a CPU. I bought this CPU to overlock, so I may just go with some 'unsafe' voltages to push it higher. I guess it will depend what mood I'm in. But I'm definately looking for at least 2.4-2.5.

It seems these CPU's are pretty consistent.

I'm now at 2400mhz. It's good at 1.825v but with typing and running Prime95 I got a BSOD. So I'm at 1.85v. My load temp with Prime in the backround is 41C with a warm room. So I'm good on that front. This is a lot of voltage though.

I'd like to sqeeze a tad bit more out of her. Maybe that can wait til the weather cools down. I plan on piping in some winter air to my CPU.

Anyway, we seem to have concluded for the masses that the excaliber 1800+ (JIUHB/DLT3C 0311 MPMW) runs at 2.4ghz with decent cooling and a good bit of voltage. Not bad. Not really great either, but definately not shabby.

I'd say getting 2.4 consistantly at 1.8-1.85v is pretty good for a 70$ chip.

sandman001 said:
my 1700+ needs 1.775 to be prime stable at 2300mhz.

IT needs 1.85 for 2400mhz.

It needs 2.0 for 2500mhz.

Me thinks i have a dud.

my 2700+ does exactly the same, i don't think you have a dud

Hmmm... Is 1.9 safe at all? 2500mhz sounds REALLY nice, but that's a lot of voltage, isn't it? Heck, I don't even know if it will boot at 2500 anyway. I could always try I guess.

EDIT:

It will post at 2500 with 1.9v but will need much more to get stability. I would guess that 1.95 might do it. But that's a heck of a lot of juice. The returns might now be worth the cost though.

Last edited:
1.9V on a low voltage DLT3C chip is really pushing it, I would not do that unless!!!
1. I had HEAVY DUTY COOLING, like water or an SLK900 with A Tornado on it

2. You don't mind a possible loss of the chip

The DLT's default for LOWER voltage because they draw MORE amperage..

Hughhefner said:
1.9V on a low voltage DLT3C chip is really pushing it, I would not do that unless!!!
1. I had HEAVY DUTY COOLING, like water or an SLK900 with A Tornado on it

2. You don't mind a possible loss of the chip

The DLT's default for LOWER voltage because they draw MORE amperage..

Well I do have an SK-7 with a Tornado.

With the warm temps of the room right now, I hover at 40C. during Prime. At night with cooler temps in the room, I run at 35C at load. That's pretty good cooling to me. At no point does the heatsink feel hot and only during the day does it get at all warm. I can't wait for the temps to drop around here. Winter is gonna be fun.

Back