• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to connect 2 fans to a single switch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX6X

How should I go about doing this? I want to connect the two rear case fans to a single switch. I'm also going to connect the two PSU fans to another switch. Same situation in both cases. What should I do?

hmm. I have the top fan connected to the bottom fan wich is connected to the power cable. If that's what you mean. But I still don't know where to put the switch. Could you draw a diagram as to where you think it should go?

go to:

http://www.fanbus.com/

then "THE LAB"

then either "Fan Switching FAQ" or the "schematics page"

i'd link but the website uses frames, so no go...

you'll see pics there that should help you out

i have 4 fans running on 1 wire. I cut off all the fan wires about 2" away from the fan, connected all the red wires to 1 wire and all the black into another wire, then i connected the 2 wires into a molex. this saves ALOT of space in the computer by not using all the wires.

So if I just connected the bottom fan's wires to the top fans and then put the switch on one of the top fan's wires it should work right? I was thinking about doing this but I haven't had fun with circuits and what not in a long time so I sorta forgot a lot of basic stuff.

Back