• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm fan on slk900u

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woody29

At last i finally got a 100cfm 120mm fan mounted on my slk900.
I mounted the 120mm fan on a 120mm to 80mm fan adapter then onto the slk900 buy bending the 60mm fan clips that came with the slk. It's on rock solid and my temps are about 1.5c cooler as with the motherboard, is also much cooler too. I guess cos the amount of air the 120mm fan is pushing And very quiet, no load hoover noise. :D

nice i was thinking of getting the same thing but was not planning on overclocking over 3.2 on a 2.4C lets see what kind of temps i get when its built, and you says yours is nice and quiet, that is great because that is what i want a nice and quiet system

thats was my reason for doing this, i'm now getting the high air flow i was after but without all that noise.

i was thinking of doing something like that what is the adapter u used where did u get it?

Ffats said:
Case Temps? CPU Temps? Sys? Ambient?
using bios 16
Cpu @ 228x10 with 1.7v
Case 23
cpu 33 idle
ambient 22.5

can anyone host pic's? cos i can take some pics and send to,
if they can host it for me, then you can really judge for your for
yourself.

Cytomax said:
i was thinking of doing something like that what is the adapter u used where did u get it?

the adapter is just plastic, like the 80mm to 60mm adapter, but this one is 120mm to 80mm i got from www.overclock.co.uk £5.22

Back