• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how good is the new slk-947U?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
they must have made some nice changes... you have used the 900? did you use the same thermal goop both times? same fan?...?

i read about 1C better than the 900U under load. It was in a review and neither were lapped

I bet they simply made the 900-u a little bigger. Proabably wider more than longer or taller. How does this new one compare with the heatpipe one, the SP-94?

The main difference between the 900U and the 947U is that the 947U works with more motherboards. The compatibility list is much larger. The re-design of the unit also allowed the unit to gain about 1-1.5C better performance under load. No reason to buy this unit if you already have a 900U but if you're in the market for a heatsink this would be the beast that you should get ;).

-JokerF15

my bad, sorry guys:eek:

thermalright redid the shape of the bottom of the heatsink so it could clear the capacitors (sp?) on more boards.

Back