• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P4C800 Deluxe OnBoard NIC Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magnum1978

Registered
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my p4c800Deluxe that is really annoying. Basically the onboard 3Com Gigabit NIC works for a short time, from around 10minutes up until a few hours, but suddenly stops receiving packets for some unknown reason. If I reboot, then the NIC is fine again for another short time until the cycle is repeated. Besides this the board works flawlessly. I have narrowed down the problem to be definately caused by the board, for some reason. The board is also brand new ~ 1 week old.

I have found that I'm not alone, many other P4C800Deluxe owners seem to have this problem too, yet I can't find a solution anywhere. If any other people have a P4C800Deluxe mobo and their onboard LAN works fine, could you post your specs on what components are running with your board, as this may hold a clue. If anyone has encountered a similar problem, or has any advice to solve this, it would be great, as this is really the only thing wrong with my setup! :(

Cheers,

Mag

ive had my p4p800 dlxe now for a week. my nic connection works like butter. i get the same speeds i was getting before with my giga mobo; around 6000mbs down 1000 up via my cable provider.

i am running the rig in my sig. i have MAM enabled Performance mode to Standard.

specs are oc'd 5:4 ratio 249mhz FSB @3ghz all stock cooling. temps are under 50c on full load- 36c doing normal stuff.

Yes, it could be the PSU. If you're overclocking, though, make sure that you've fixed the value(s) of the PCI/AGP bus so that you're not overclocking those, too...

try uninstalling the 3com drivers and the registry entries.

then reinstall maybe that will help.

also do u use software to get onto the web via ure provider? usually that is a no no. check ure tcp/ip settings as well i suppose in network connections it could be that or ure provider.

You're close guys. The problem lay in the software which came with the board.. the PCCillin 2002 virus checker has some sort of firewall protection. Once that software was removed, the NIC has been fine. Wierd how something ASUS packaged with their board screwed it up. Thanks again for all your ideas.

Mag

Back