• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CPU Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beefpops

Here it is.
I assume that the low price has been dropped, as it was found in the clearance section. anyone have experience with it? I'd like to know if it's compatible with the Vantec Nexus multifunction panel with CPU fan control and alarm. It's pretty damn cheap, and it would match my case colors. Is it worth buying? I think I'm gonna need some extra cooling, and that's looking mighty nice.

I'm really new at the whole modding thing - would I have to do any case modding to get this thing in there?

Thanks in advance!

I can recall reading a couple reviews of this heatsink.
The ubiquitous conclusion: mediocre cooling.

For CPU cooling, Zalman has only recently made something good.
their CNPS7000A-AlCu or CNPS7000A-Cu. The 'A' series is suitable for AMD installs as well (with mounting holes on MoBo).

Last edited:
So in short, if you're after very good CPU cooling, don't go for the Zalman, but if you want a machine that runs lower than 50c idle, but doesn't sound like an industrial airconditioner, the Zalman is for you!

Other than that, give it a miss :D

Yep if you want silence, Zalman is the way to go. I like their latest "flower" heatsink, especially the "full" copper one. It's damn heavy though. It cools your CPU very well too!

YviE

PatrickBateman said:
For CPU cooling, Zalman has only recently made something good.
their CNPS7000A-AlCu or CNPS7000A-Cu. The 'A' series is suitable for AMD installs as well (with mounting holes on MoBo). [/B]
I don't recommend any other Zalman CPU heatsinks, but the one's I've mentioned are very good, especially for their lack of noise. I'll be sad for you if you buy the one you have linked.

Back