• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some tips for my 2.4C w/ P4C800-E...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DepTii

Ok, here's my setup, and the problem below that:

Antec TruePower 480-Watt PSU
Intel Pentium 4 2.4C @ 3.2 GHz
Thermalright SLK-900-U w/ Panaflo 92mm Ultra
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe @ 266 MHz
1 GB (2x512) Corsair TwinX XMS PC-3200C2 DDR
Western Digital Raptor SATA 73.4 GB RAID 0
Windows XP Pro w/ Service Pack 1
Hercules Radeon 9800 PRO @ 405/365
Creative Labs SB Audigy 2

I seem to be stuck at that speed, and have reason to believe it may not be the CPU holding me back, but then again, it just might.

The RAM is at the 3:2 ratio with default timings (which means its not even running at the rated speed, I get about 5 GB/s in Sandra). The problem is, the CPU won't budge after that speed. It's at 1.7v already (which undervolts to about 1.58v on load) and very stable, but if I try to overclock it even 40 Mhz more, it doesn't POST. How can it be totally stable at one speed and not even POST 40 mhz down the road?

So, I think it may be the NB at fault, and I want to pop the NB heatsink and put some Ceramique on it. Then I was thinking about putting a little 40mm fan on it, but I think the side window fan for the Chieftec I got, PLUS the 92mm fan for the heatsink may already be moving enough air around there, and another fan may be pointless.

Any other ideas? HT & PAT are on and that other thing is also enabled (sorry mind block). What I really need is a mod to keep the mobo from undervolting so much under load. :/

try disabling performance mode. set it to standard it seems to make my system more unstable when oc'ing.

my board overvolts my cpu strange ures undervolts i guess each one is different in that regard.

Back