• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR 500 w/ PC4800-E Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robo2tony

Registered
Running a 2.4c what do you wonderful guys things would be the best way to go about setting the memory ratio? I get so confused when it comes to this. Here are my planned settings gleaned from the anandtech review.

Memory Timings: 2.5-3-4-6
vDimm Setting: 2.75v

Should I set the ratio to 1:1?

System:
P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 2.4c
OCZ 4000 Copper DDR500

That all depends on what speed you are going to run the fsb. The memory is spec'd up to 250 fsb, which is 250 double pumped, so DDR500. You should be able to run your system at 1:1 with a 250 fsb.

That would yield 3.0 ghz, 12 x 250, and DDR500. Those memory timings are probably fine to start off with. You will want to run Prime95 and Memtest to make sure everything is stable. If you want to go higher than 250 fsb I would suggest setting a 5:4 memory ratio so you isolate the CPU and see how high it can go on its own. Once you have that established you can play around with memory timings and ratios until you find the right combination for your system. The whole process is all about playing around with the numbers and stress testing for stability. Good luck and.......

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!

HEY WOW

thank you very much! this is exactly what I was looking for, you are a grand help! i'll post back and say what i came up with. i can only hope i have one of those rare chips that can go sky high.

Back