• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first overclock.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evilnissan

Well i finaly did my first overclock..,,

I got my duron 1200 all the way to a whopping 1248..

This is at 104/35... when i try to go higher as in 106/35 which only gives me 1272Mhz but it becomes real unstable.

Any tips for this NooB?

if u can, try increasing teh voltage core to around 1.85VC i found the chip liked this sort of voltage (my 1300mhz Duron ran @ 1450mhz @ 166FSB on a crap mobo). I think it wud make a 1600mhz if i had a better motherboard and cooling.
If u have good cooling try 1.9VC this should get u into 117X12 = 1400mhz easily....If u can try lowering the multi to say 10X and increase the FSB to around 166...i wud recommend 8.5X166 = 1411mhz @ 1.85Vc but ur cpu may be able to run way over 1.4ghz or way below, all cpu's r different....Experiment but try not to go over 1.9Vc on stock cooling and dont go over 2Vc FULL STOP! ... gazz

Well the BIOS just sucks on my board. But i did find some dip switch setting to change the multiplyer, but nothen yet for change the bus speed.

Ill mess with it thursday, I got to work a lot between now and then.

200 mhz isnt all too bad on an older chips like the duron, pretty nice for a first overclock, heh i've seen people get 25-100mhz on their first attempt.
:)

Back