• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo for Intel P4C system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evnas

Im gonna be putting together an Intel system over the next month or two (makes it easier on the pocketbook to buy a couple parts at a time ;)), and since i have been out of the Intel world for a while since i have an AMD system, i was wondering what options i have in the lines of motherboards to chose from, and personal opinions about them. Thanks, in advance, for all the help you guys give me :)

Epox 4pca3+ is an excellent board and much cheaper than the 2 suggested above... Gives me 285 FSB 1:1 stabil with my A-Data pc4000 memory..

If you wann save $, you can go for 865PE instead of 875P based boards. will save you around $50-60. True you might not get PAT and some extras, but you'll get solid performance and good OC.

Good 865PE board are: Abit IS7-E/IS7 and Asus P4P800

A new IS7-E is around 90 bucks and a P4P800 non deluxe is around $112 shipped. I think the IS7-E lacks some features like GbE - but probaly the best value in high quality OC boards at the moment. The Asus comes with 3COM GbE, but doesn't have CSA for GbE. Both boards can enable PAT thru BIOS.

For max performance and features IC7 Max, P4C800-E, and Epox 4pca3+ are all good boards, albeit at higher prices (naturally).

Last edited:
the little extras that you get with the 875 boards are nice though. one thing to keep in mind. the asus uses the 3COM LAN instead of the standard intel chip. also it utilizes the pci bus instead of being directly linked with the northbridge

Back