• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case, new fans, new configuration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nick Burns

Your company's computer guy
I am buying an Antec Sonata case. I was to buy aluminum fans for it. The only 120mm aluminum fans that I can find are 79cfm and <30dba. Are there any aluminum fans that push more air, say around 85-90 range? Noise probably won't matter since the case can block quite a bit of it.
I want to add a top blowhole to it. Since I already have a filtered intake, and one outtake along with the PSU outtake, should I reverse the outtake fan and filter it if I add the blowhole? Or would the PSU just suck up the air from the new intake and throw it right back out of the case? The PSU will be an Antec Truepower 430w(already had it, otherwise I would stick with the 380w that comes with it.) Should I slow down the two intake with the 5v fan only line in order to blance the airflow more? Would one intake fan with a filter and to exhaust fans of the same make plus a PSU be WAY too much negative airflow? If I have a filter on the intake then the negative/positive thing would not matter much as dust is conscerned but what about straight cooling? Should I possibly try to put two 92mm blowholes in the top(not sure if there will be room for that). I am reluctant to cut a hole in the side of the case, but I will if a blowhole would not otherwise be effective enough and if I need the blowhole at all.
Or should I put in the blowhole, filter the current exhaust and flip it to an intake and duct it to the 92mm panaflo/slk-900-u set up?

Back