• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ceramique users give me your results and tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

so I can get my butt in gear and get some new grease.

I am still using AS1 and am going to do some re-configuring very soon so I want to get some new thermal goop.

would like your results and advice on how to apply. I read a post that said it was dif than AS3.

Mike

yes, ceramique is much more superior to as3, since it is not electrically conductive, unlike as3 which can get to that state when put in certain conditions, also it contains no silver, but is a proprietray blend of stuff, for more info go to arctic silver's site, plus, the ceramique also has a better heat transfer than as3, a lot of the reviews are also at as's website on the ceramique page, good luck
________
GANG BANG TUBE

Last edited:
The slight benefit to temps aside I like that it is not at all conductive and also I found it a bit easier to work with because it is a bit thicker than as3. The ceramique would be a definate step up from as1 ;)

I only noticed around 2c diff between the two.

Thats a very nice gain for 3.00 IMHO. You will see a much bigger than that going from AS1 to Ceramique, make sure you follow the installation instructions. I have seen alot of people try and do it like AS3 and get poor results, it goes on in multiple steps and is worth every one. Good luck!

yeah i noticed a small temp drop of around 2-3c also it seemed easier to clean up (than as2 anyway)

I got ceramique when I upgraded my cpu from 1.4 to xp2400.

It is especially good for people with shaky hands like i have. I'm not afraid to admit that even by attempting surgical like precision, I still smear the stuff everywhere.

Just an FYI.. with the AC on in the appt my temps from the 1.4 w/ generic paste to the xp2400 with ceramique went from 46c to 33c. I can't attribute that all to just a cooler running cpu... I'm very happy... however without the ac here in GA my proc runs hotter than the numbers posted.

Bottom line... for a newb like me, the ceramique worked well... I got it for like 5$ through newegg.. with steady hands and a few more tries, I think I could get a lot cooler.

great stuff much easier to clean up not as messy to begin with work just as well as as3 if not better and its also cheaper the as3 so thumbs up

In all truthfulness you can get better results using water to transfer heat(i'll post the article soon), but the point of using as3 and such is that it lasts so long. There really isn't much of a temp diff(1 maybe 2 degrees) between the two. As long as you lap and apply a thin thin layer you'll do fine. You can tack on 3 or 4 degrees easy by not applying it right.

My point is they're really both quite good and won't give you a noticable performance difference. If you're in 90 degree heat and it goes down 2 degrees it won't matter to you. All you should worry about is applying correctly. AS3 and ASC are both good and last very long, get whatever's a better deal for you.

I ordered some from NewEgg..of course ....and will try it next week.
as long as I have good directions with it , I will be fine.

to this day I am never sure I put the AS on right. always worried it's to thick or too little.....

Mike Z

dalilman52 said:
yes, ceramique is much more superior to as3, since it is not electrically conductive, unlike as3 which can get to that state when put in certain conditions, also it contains no silver, but is a proprietray blend of stuff, for more info go to arctic silver's site, plus, the ceramique also has a better heat transfer than as3, a lot of the reviews are also at as's website on the ceramique page, good luck

I wouldnt say Superior to AS3...Ive tried Ceramique and only noticed a 2 degree (C) difference. If you already have AS3...dont bother.

I switched from AS3 to Ceramique and noticed no temp difference. I have remounted using both several times and always get basically the same temps. I read that installation for Ceramique is different. You are supposed to put a small dab in the center of the core, then touch the heatsink to core and twist it half a turn once. I just used a razor blade to spread it (both AS3 and Ceramique) and it seems to work fine.

I tried a before and after with AS3 and Ceramique, and I got better results with Ceramique.

AS3
Athlon Xp 2100+ @ 166x13 = 2700+
Idle = 34-36C
Load = 45-47C

Ceramique
Athlon Xp 2100+ @ 166x13 = 2700+
Idle = 32-34C
Load = 42-45C

Ceramique
Athlon Xp 2100+ @ 200x11 = 3200+
Idle = 36-38C
Load = 47-49C

Heatsink/Fan used: Glacialtech Igloo 2500Pro
All temps. measured with motherboard sensor(epox & soltek mobo)

Nothing dramatic, but remember that this cpu had technically already been "filled at the microscopic level" with AS3 before the Ceramique was applied. If you've already got a tube of AS3, you'd probably be just as good as with Ceramique. I find Ceramique easier to apply, since it seems a little thicker.

Can anyone point me to some good directions on how to apply Ceramique? I bought my tube online and it just came in a little clear baggie with no instructions. :(

Back