• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why Can"t I Go 200????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCFreek14

i just bought a 2100+ TBred B DUT3C JIUHB from newegg and i cant go up to 200 FSB no matter what i do.... Any suggestions?

is it the motherboard in your sig? an asus a7 V 8x? thats a kt400 chipset, it does not support 200fsb or a 1/6 divisor. you risk hdd and pci corruption and instability trying for 200mhz fsb on that board

As the previous post pointed out, it is difficult for that motherboard to run stable at 200 MHz. But it does not rule out the CPU to be overclocked to 2.1 - 2.3 GHz.

To do that, it require a good heat sink (in air) such as SK-7 or a SLK-800U with an adjustable high CFM fan such as TT SFII. Also, the motherboard, via bios, has to provide enough level of Vcore at 1.8-1.9+ V.

Edit: After posting, just find out from your sig that you have already reached the CPU overclocking as I pointed out.

well thats gay...... then why the hell does it have 400 on the box? but thanks guys i really appreciate it, that was driving me nuts.

400 Is the memory speed it is capable of - yu0 haev been Scr3wed by Via I'm afraid. They put out "333" or "400" chipsets that crap out way before reaching that FSB speed, only the RAM clock goes that fast.

well damn. well ill be sure to get nforce chipsets when i get my new 64 in like.......a year...... :p i could never afford to pay 500.00 for one of those things.

o btw has ne one used that new asus board yet... that 600 thing..... i dont remember the name of it and my bandwith is too small for me to take the time to find it.

I dunno, it booted with 166 but then the video started crapping out - random black lines appeared (vid card not OCed) and then the computer would crash.

Back