• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ barton at 46°C idle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

axegrinderbill

that's what sisoft sandra says, and that's what my bios says. I feel that's pretty high. What's the best hsf to go with this processor? and if there really isn't one, should I go with water cooling? I just don't want to spend a lot ;)

Watercooling would be a little expensive at this point (More than 150, and thats for a poorly performing system).

Like mentioned, an SK-7 (You can find it for about 20 bucks) as well as your choice of fan (higher CFM the cooler you'll go) will keep your load temps under control, not to mention low idles.

I see you have an MSI mobo. Did you happen to update the BIOS, because MSI boards are known to show higher temps than what you really have. The BIOS update will fix the temp problem.

water cooling not that expensive any more if u custom it. first the cpu block maze 4 $40, heatcore $20, eqva 1300 pump $23. $12 high cfm fan, and line $10. if u have extra money to spend, GPU block $35. and u are ready to rock with this system. my 2 cents

From my experience with my Barton 2500, the temps tend to run about 5 degrees warmer than a Tbred. They can handle it as well. I had mine clocked at 2280 @ 58C load stable.

i think you should definitely dive into watercooling if you have the money. It will be well worth it in the long run should you decide to overclock your chip

Back