• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wow, lapping and ceramique really work!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Posidon42

Well since I am preparing to go watercooing and I got some of my watercooling parts in the mail, I decided to go ahead and take my Volcano 11 off and try to make it a bit cooler.

Well my initial results are already pretty good. My MBM5 results used to be about 63C using the cpu diode and 45-46C using the socket temp. Now, my cpu diode is showing at most 58C and socket is 42C. All temps are full load. Not too bad for an hour of work.

Oh yeah, and this is with the smartfan being manually controlled now. I used to have it controlled by the fan thermocouple, but it never got it cool enough for my liking. The funny thing is that I think I have it running slower than it was before. It sure seems quieter in here now... Well, I guess I took the fan guard off too. Too bad I didn't think scientifically and only change one thing at a time :rolleyes:

This is just a temporary condition though, as my new SK-7 will come in sometime next week and the TT fan is going on my 1700+ rig. Hopefully the combination of watercooling my Barton and improved air cooling of the 1700 (it is on the OEM heat sink right now and doing 2.09Ghz at stock voltage :clap: will let me squeeze some more mhz out of these machines!

Yea IMHO ceramique is the best thermal grease on the market period.I've tryed it all.AS3,Shin-etsu,the best of the best and ceramique owns all.:D I applied ceramique and my temps went down 3c!And load temps is where the ceramique owns.Keep in mind the ceramique's temps were 3c better than AS3 and load temp was 4c better.;)

Ceramique is better than Artic Silver 3? Dang it all to heck, I went out and spent $4 on AS3 when I could have gotten Ceramique for $2-3 bucks, shucks.

Back