• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtc4u

or does it seem that every major game developer has been pushing Intel?? I just played Planetside for the first time in at least 3 weeks and on every screen there is a little "works great on intel P4" icon in the corner. Talk about pushing people. I bet Intel even had SOE design the game to run better on P4s. And I thought microsoft was bad. Why doesn't intel just change thier name to Al Capone Technology or something.

[/rant]

thats who they are, nobody argues with intel, when tbirds were faster AND cheaper, intel lost like 2% of the market to amd, if that. intel has money for advertising and lots of it, so you see ads everywhere

That is a shame, especially when have already PAID for the game. I can understand if it was free or a demo. But it is the way of things now... for example, cable TV started out with no commercials, now viewers essentially PAY for commercials now.

It could be worse... Imagine full-screen Coke ads between game levels... that'll be the day!

it would really be terrible if AMD went out of business, just imagine Intel as the sole cpu developer, high prices & no competition.

That would be the end of the world as we know it. o_O I would personally raid the Intel HQ with the millions of other angry mob-ees.

via would step up, and in 5~10 years (i know thats a pessemistic view, but we are talking about via here:D) we would have an underdog worth running again. GO AMD

nvidia does the same thing. Thumb through a game magazine and see how many game ads endorse nvidia in them.

Its stupid yes but no more stupid than seeing an add for memory that says its "optimized for the internet" or some stupid garbage like that. I guarantee that type of advertising sells though which makes me sad :(

it would really be terrible if AMD went out of business, just imagine Intel as the sole cpu developer, high prices & no competition.

:::Shivers at the thought:::

In all honesty I still think commercials are legal brainwashing. Just like that damn tide with bleach commercial. You hear it and see it enough times you start singing the tune in yer head. Main reason why i dont watch TV anymore.

I honestly dont think they should allow stuff like that but like the saying goes money talks and BS walks. If only people were smart enough to realize just because its on TV or advertised in a magazine doesn't mean its the best. Its just like when you mention you're only running a AMD 2.0 Ghz and people laugh at you and do the "I got a 3.0 P4(my dad can beat up your dad)" Sure hes got a 3.0 P4 but which arm did he give for it?

Xtc4u said:
Sure hes got a 3.0 P4 but which arm did he give for it?

I totally agree with this statement.. I mean WTF is the point of paying out the wazoo to get the Intel chip and then no money for the other toys to really screw it up :p

Let me explain something. There are 2 types of people in the world; the stupid and the intelligent. Any moron who buys a $600 P4 3.2ghz when he already has a Barton 2800 because of an ad in a video game is stupid. As for the rest of us; we know better, therefore we are in the latter of the 2 groups. Although there is one advantage to being stupid: ignorance, blissfull...ignorance.

-Overcrocked

Back