• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to wire fans for Xaser III case for max airflow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What i did is have the top fans in the back pull air in so it blows it on the cpu, and the front two pull the air out, i have the side fan pulling air in right on my video card, it seems to work well

dano said:
What i did is have the top fans in the back pull air in so it blows it on the cpu, and the front two pull the air out, i have the side fan pulling air in right on my video card, it seems to work well

I would imagine you're getting warm air from your PSU right back inside onto the CPU, and it probably also heats your PSU up.

I would reccomend the classic layout - 2x Front Intake, 2x Back Exhaust. I would make an AGP cooler intake as well. Try to keep the airflow balanced and you'll be good.

Just bought the XaserIII,The fans should be setup in the typical frt to rear directions.A wiring diagram avalible at thermaltake; support-FAQ.I wired mine,2frt-fan2 on controler:2side-fan3C:2rear-Fan4C:Topfan1Controler.Something like that.
hope this helps. Archilochus

Last edited:
I'd imagine like what was said above. Have the rear pull in and the front 2 exhaust. I just got this case and decided to start with the traditional setup. the hard drive bays sit right in front of the 2 front fans so I wouldn't be surprised if you do get some lower temps running in reverse. I'll have to experiment too :). I suppose you'll get positive pressures in reverse too. Anyone with this case thought about boring out the holes on the side panel? They seem restrictive...

LxOxSxI

awesome case btw

EDIT

didn't seem to subscribe first time...

EDIT 2

Just noticed subscribe button. Haven't used yet and I have sub's from previous replies. Interesting. Why auto sometimes? Sorry to get off topic. NOOB ;)

Last edited:
well are the fans 80mm? what are they normle fans smart fans stealth fans?

any way like Ffats said 2 front intake 2 rear exust i side intake one the agp/vga and if the ps is a 1 fan modle get rid of it and get a entermax 350w or a 400w with 2 fans

it works this way because hot air rises and even if u did drop your temp years of experence tells every one this way is the best but it takes the case about 5 min to get to the right tem to blow all the old air out and fresh air so proper tems are tested afer at least 10min and by the way y would any one buy that case if i was u i qwould returen it and get the best case out the
anteck SLK3700AMB MID-TOWER
it has 120mm fans and 2 of them 1 front 1 rear then u put a 2 fan ps and 2 more fans in like 120mm 1 side 1 top turn the rpm's down and its quite and it runs extremly cool with all the 80mm fans ur going to hate it trus me i have that problim and what i just sugested is what im doing

WHY CAN U PPL SEE THAT BIG FANS AT LOW RPMS ARE QUITE AND THEY MOVE LOTS OVE AIR DONT GO WITH YOUR D.A.M 80MM FANS SMART OR NOT ITS DUMM

years of common sense say that the rear exhaust fans work against the CPU fan.. so dano's setup is blowing cold air right into the CPU fan, cold air across the vid card, and by the time it reaches the drive bays its nice and toasty and gets carried out by the front exhaust fans.

what no the rear fan pulls the hot air that the cpu fan just pushed through the fins so the fins are parlelll to the ground so this means the hot air only comes out were the rear fan is (then sucking that hot air out) and toward the drives withch will be sucjed out by a top blow hole and the little pci slot fans are ok but they are small loud and move little air so if you just put a fan on the side of the case bloing on the vga card then open 2 emtey pci slots then thats were the air will go after ruching over the pci and vga slots thus cooling the cards and blowing out the old air!!!!

Back