• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp questions! plz help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

Alright, my cooling setup is an sk-7 with an SFII at max RPMs.

got a full tower case with 4 fans on it.

Idle temp is usually 45-47C while the max load ive seen is 55C.

the cpu is a barton 2500 at stock speeds and voltage, these temps seem a little high for me though.

im using Arctic Ceramique and its already set and everything, can anyone help me?

oh, this pic might help too seing as the pc is in kinda cramped conditions.
20039139126038660523858.jpg

and BTW, the back of the computer desk is cut out for all the exhaust fans and there is only like 2-3 inches between the fans and the wall. :-(.

I have noticed a 3-5 degree temp rise when I put my computer into a space like that. I have the same style tower (Antec black SOHO).

I had that same problem with my ps fan. What I did was make a duct for it to draw the heat away.

I used some 3 inch plastic dryer vent hose, a 3 inch hose clamp, and a 3 inch vinyl round fascia vent for a flange. I have some pictures of what I did here

It dropped my case temps by about 6 or 7 degrees because that heat couldn't recirculate into the tower.

I have the same heatsink, fan, and cpu as you, and mine at 2.3ghz runs cooler than yours at stock. Definately a problem. Try running your computer in an open space, and see if that helps. Also, where are your case fans, and which way are they blowing?

2 fans in the front sucking air in and 2 fans in the rear blowing air out. The ps fan would be a third on the back but its not a case fan so whatever with that.

Well, when this was in an open space it idles from 42C-44C. Where the pc is at now, it idles at night in the high 30Cs.

I want to o/c this cpu to at least a 3000 so low temps are kinda a must.

well i cant move the pc from where its at, no where to put it and too many connections to connect back and forth. Maybe some other day when i have nothing else to do i'll check my fans to make sure they're blowing in the directions the should be. But for stock performance, its fine i guess.

Back