• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using Arctic Ceramique

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznchaos

On the direction on there website it doesnt say to spread it over the core it just says to put a small dab in the middle, im not sure if i should spread it around. The directions also say to twist the heatsink a degre counterclockwise and the opposite way but i dont want to do that because everytime i accidently touch my heatsink after its installed it messes it up and my temps go a little higher.

i did the twist after a small drop on the core and my core temps are 41-47C at 2.2ghz @ 1.85V

i can see how moving the heatsink days after it's been seated can mess up the contact between the core and heatsink and thermal goop but when you twist the heatsink as soon as it's been seated, all that will do is spread the ceramique....

wow, that's touchy.

I have long suspected that smoothing a layer on the chip, especially a P4, would have a tendency to trap air bubbles like a big sticker does. Just the same, this is the technique I employ. As I fugure, the dab in the middle is supposed to spread out across the entire chip beneath heatsink pressure , and minor twisting would facilitate this spreading. Extreme twisting can scratch either your heatsink or your chip, or both, or something else... your nailpollish? :p
Maybe the thin layer method doesn't trap any air... but I've got my eye on it, that devious fellow.

I saw a video where a dab is applied to the heatsink, and this dab is then whiped off with a lint-free cloth. This leaves some compound in any minute crevices in the heatsinks surface.
Then the thin layer routine is performed on the chip.
Thereafter: unison... a marriage of dissimilar, but complementary entities.

sweet dreams :cool:

yes i saw a link to the directions given by the people who make the arctic products... you're supposed to put a small amount on the heatsink where the cpu is going to touch it, then rub it IN with ur finger IN A PLASTIC BAG, then wipe it off with a lint-free cloth, then it says ur supposed to put some on the part of the cpu that touches the heatsink and spread it paper-thin (it actually says paper-thin), and then when u put the heatsink on, try NOT to move it around... but that wasnt for ceramique, i dont believe... would they change their directions for each product?

I didn't do the dab of Ceramique in the middle and turn counterclockwise sequence but it seems to be doing it"s job on my processor. maybe I should reset it.

Ceramique rocks.I bought some and was useing arctic silver 3,my temps with as3 were 45c idle and 55c load,with ceramique I idle at 41c it has hit 40c and load is where ceramique rulz my load is 49c.Buy ceramique!You won't be disappointed!:D

Just ordered some I cant wait.

Guys if you interested.

SVC.com has it for 3.99 free shipping.

They ship it free First Class Mail, so its only 3.99, if you want it.

Back