• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Intel 2.4C build pc4000 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tn2003

Registered
Hello everyone I am currently buying stuff for my first intel comp. So far I have ordered this stuff:

Abit IC7-G
Intel 2.4C

I need help on memory now. I plan on getting the OZC pc4000 gold, but i dont know if I should buy 1x512mb or 2x256mb. I only have $260 left and I would like your advice. Is there better memory? Thanks

I plan to overclock and in my sig are the stuff im gonna bring on over.

One module, without dual channel will seriously impede performance, you will get mediocre computer. Intel cannot compete with AMD processors on a single channel, pricewise.
ONLY DUAL CHANNEL MAKES SENSE. This is how Intel keeps its lead over AMD, else makes no sense at all to go for Intel based PC.
Having said that, 2x256 is significantly weaker than 2x512. You will see that in bechmark scores wherever the amount of memory is used. Of course if that does not concern you, you should go for 2x256, if money is a problem.
As for memory, apparently OCZ or Geil is to go for. OCZ is probably better choice since Abit has lousy voltage range for memory, rather sad for the overclocking boards.

Back