• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't pass prime 95 at 2.2ghz on water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Math302ho

Registered
Can't pass prime 95 at 2.2ghz on water on my barton2500+

Can someone help me here.

I freshly install my water setup on my Barton 2500X stepping AQXEA 0331

Hydor L30 pump, swiftech 5000, 1/2 ID tubing, chevette heater core with a 120mm fan pulling through the rad.

My temp is around 35 idle. Dont seem to go more than 40 under load.

I upped my Vcore to 1.80.. ( THe max my MSI delta-L can go )
and I can't pass that Prime 95 test. It result in hardware failure.

My ram is XMS DDR 400. Voltage to the ram is 2.7 ( max of the board )

I can let it run stable at 190 stock voltage.. whats the deal here.

I'm not happy at all

What fsb are you attempting to run? Have you tried to lower the mult to make sure your mobo can handle the fsb?

Its definatly better to leave fsb higher and multi lower but he does have to diagnose where the problem is coming from...

Ok.. for testing purpose..

I lower the FSB to 190... tried 12 multi.. That gave me 2281

Boot fine and ran Prime95 for 30 min before giving hardware error.

For a comparaison, at a FSB of 200 and multi of 11.. equivalent to 2200.

It was crashing after 1 or 2 min. :mad:

So what can I do ???????????

Get a new Mobo.

Get an NF7-s so you can get the voltage as much higher.

Water is a waste at only 1.8v.

Get a new mobo.

Aristotle-IV said:
Get a new Mobo.

Get an NF7-s so you can get the voltage as much higher.

Water is a waste at only 1.8v.

Get a new mobo.

I agree. 1.8v at 2.2ghz is really high for an xp2500. My old 2500 would 2200 (11x200) at 1.75v without errors in prime, and 1.72v without crashing in any game i ever tried.

Does it worth to do the wire trick to get only 1.85V instead of 1.80v ???

Any website or info to mod the MB itself???

And one quick question.

Why everyshop I go to ask about Abit MB turn me off of them. They said they are asking for trouble.. Like I can order one for you but don't come back and complain and stuff like that.

What's the deal about them???

Cuz they're morons, get an NF7-S. You gonna believe some dumbass store clerk over a bunch of expert OC'ers. He doesn't want you coming back asking questions he can't answer, he only sells the hardware he doesn't know how to use it.

-Overcrocked

try 176*12.5. If it passes prime. Your board is ***. The reason they turn you off it is because they are too lazy to order it. The reason they'd have to order it is because we already bought all the ones they had in stock.

Seriously, do you really expect them to recommend a board they'd have to order over one they carry?

Back