• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two choices...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You wouldn't want to get CH-5 chip memory. Although it may get you 220-230~ at 2-3-3, there's been so many problems with it, its not worth it. Plus spending top-dollar for HyperX CH-5 memory when there's cheaper with same chip.

You might want to try Gourda's favorite and buy the PC3200 2-2-2 HyperX for about $265/1GB (2x512MB). Or you could spend $325 on some Black PCB Black Level 2 Mushkin PC3200 (1GB). Or you could try Buffalo's PC3700 (BH-5) - $206.

Speed_Mechanic2 said:
You wouldn't want to get CH-5 chip memory. Although it may get you 220-230~ at 2-3-3, there's been so many problems with it, its not worth it. Plus spending top-dollar for HyperX CH-5 memory when there's cheaper with same chip.

You might want to try Gourda's favorite and buy the PC3200 2-2-2 HyperX for about $265/1GB (2x512MB). Or you could spend $325 on some Black PCB Black Level 2 Mushkin PC3200 (1GB). Or you could try Buffalo's PC3700 (BH-5) - $206.

I dont think im getting more mushkin any time soon. The buffalo is CL3. :( Ive always wanted some HyperX. I dont think i wanna go above 220-230 anyway. I dunno...

Last edited:
I have Corsair XMS3500 Platinum and can get it to 223 at the tightest timings. you may want to consider that. Im sure it will go alot higher if I losend them up, but never tried.

Speed_Mechanic2 said:
It's a shame your not buying Mushkin. They are the top memory assembler out there. How was your expirience with their product support?

Oh their support is great. Believe me, if i had the money i would buy a LVL II 1gb kit. But since i dont wanna spend THAT much money im gonna get something cheaper. I dont blame them for the promo build because it IS running what is was promised to run. 2-2-2 @ 200mhz

I was just running tests on Asus P4C800 DX and with 2.6C at 3.25GHz using 2x512 GEIL DDR500 at 1:1.
Over 11,000 on PCMark2002. Find me a Mushkin that can touch that!

Ultra, they have platinum coated copper heatsink. Awesome memory. Still testing, need to make sure I don't get the CPU trottles. Memory won't be a bottleneck, that is for sure. Running at 2.5-4-4-8-8, PAT and Turbo on.
I am getting Ultra Platinum DDR4200 as well. For me Geil is the king of Intel setups. I am getting about 4-5 MHz more on FSB than with Abit IS7. Apparently 2.85V matters as compared to IS7 2.8V max.

Wrong man, performance is supreme. Platinum makes it look great, the real thing is the copper underneat.
If you had GEIL stick you would know they are the heaviest sticks around, because of copper.
I think only OCZ are this good, but I did not try OCZ EL GOLD, else I do have about 1 gig of Performance series and those are good but not DDR500. Geil rules as far as I am concerned, in my stable. I have 2 gig of Ultra Platinum PC 3500 and PC 4000, I have 1 gig more of PC 4200 coming, no need for any other brand as far as I am concerned. In AMD systems quite a different picture though, but hey that is what Winbond BH-5 and CH-5 are for.

You can't complain about GeIL using methods to raise prices by marketing "platinum" heat shield b/c their DDR500 is amongst the lowest priced in the market. The only thing a heatshield thing does is block you from looking at the chips ~

Back