• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leaving CMOS jumper on clear by accident

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

Ok I have an Asus A7V133-C which I have recently loeft the CMOS jumper on clear maybe 2 or 3 times by accident when I booted it up because I have had to play with the dipswitches so many times that I ended up getting slack. I have had big probems with the multis as well like they only go to 17, 18 and 23 no matter what I set them to in switches or bios. Is it possible that this is because I left the cmos on clear? I have flashed the bios twice since and I still have the problem. Any advice is welcome expert or not, Thanks.

I've done the same thing numerous times but usualy the computer would'nt even post. Never had any actual damage to the comp that I could see.

My boards have just not POSTed with the jumper on clear. It is unlikely you did any damage to your board even though it booted up fine with the jumper on clear, however.

OK thanks. I just want to know what the problem is with this multi crap. I cant have my lowest multi as 17. ITS JUST NOT RIGHT!

Maybe a BIOS update will fix things for you, Your sig says you're using BIOS 1005 and you can get vers. 1008, 1008a and 1009 here. Maybe one of them will straighten things out.

Thanks eobard for the idea, but Im using 1010b. That is the board hardware revision 1.05. But now you mention it 1010 is a beta bios so maybe I found a bug or something. Ill try flashing back to 1009 and see what happens.

Back