• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo PC3700 Vs. Corsair XMS3200C2LL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoldenTiger

Which should I pick? Do they overclock about the same? Please post your experiences with either of these modules to help me decide :)! I'd really appreciate it. I am looking at 512mb modules, but would like experiences from either 256mb or 512mb modules.

Also, what is the difference between models DD466-512/WB and DD466-512 for Buffalo PC3700 512mb RAM modules? Is it BH5 (WB) vs CH5 (non-WB)? If so, which is better? I noticed the WB version is sold out on newegg.com right now while the other is not.

If you get the buffalo be prepared to push 3+ volts into it, the buffalo really needs them.

both are good though

My board only goes to 2.9v (2.8 actual according to PC Health) :(. Should I still get this RAM or is there a better option for me? I am not going to do any mods to the board.

Everyone tried the WB Buffalo's. I dont think anyone on these forums has the non-WB. I wouldnt doubt that the WB's are much better than the non.

The WB stands for WinBond (W) BH-5 chip (B). Buffalo modules with WC have CH-5 chips. The new batch NewEgg has gotten is unknown. The picture still shows a WB module, and nothing has changed in the description besides th lack of a tag at the end of the product name (/WB).

Corsair LL-modules use top CH-5 chips. While they are handpicked, they are still CH-5 chips and do not overclock as well as BH-5. They also have several compatibilty issues while overclocking. They arn't rated to run 2-2-2, while BH-5 chips are.

You could always be the first to try the new Buffalo NewEgg batch and report about which chips are used in your modules. As far as I've heard, no one who has bought PC3700 Buffalo has gotten anything except BH-5 chips, at least lately.

Does anyone know if the WB version will come back in stock, or is it gone for good? Also, what are the markings on the chips? Might I find some in a local computer store of a different brand? I might give the RAM a shot from newegg...

Thanks!

Back