• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did anyone see the totally heatpiped case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shiyan

I remember seeing a picture of a case which had heatpipes for all the computer components and was blue.

does anyone have anymore info on it?

Only source of noise from that case would be the hard disks!

Asuming passively cooled PSU.

Use a quiet hard disk and it would be pretty much inaudible. Perfect for a college room.

Probably costs a ton though. But I guess you pay for quality.

USAPGAPRO said:
OMG, thats wicked cool.

But is it? :cool:

I can tell you this, i'm growing very tired of my vantec so after football and i get back to work another cooling solution sounds very nice...

A Zalman representative has confirmed that this is their product. Here's the post from Zalman's "Web Board" on 7/16/2003:
====================================
Thank you very much for your fervent interest in Zalman's upcoming product.

Q: What about the price?
A: It is very likely that the official retail price of TNN 500A cooling system will be determined as about 900~1,100 US dollars.

Q: Where can I buy it?
A: Zalman's dustributors all over the world will have it stocked in the near future. When the time comes, contact Zalman distributors in your country by referring to 'Order' section on the upper right corner of this screen.

Q: When (can I buy it) ?
A: We are going to launch the TNN cooling system around September. Then, you will be able to order it via or to distributors in your country. Please be patient until the time comes. Thank you.

Regards,
Jinkook Kim/ZALMAN

$900~1000?!:eek:

I thought it would be a lot, but not that much!

That would put it out of most people's budgets. :rolleyes:

Man, my prommy only cost me around half of that (introduction deal).

Well, I guess it is a lot more noisy.

But it cools a whole lot better! :D

You could build an insane passive watercooled system for everything for half that price.

That is one hell of a rip off.

LOL. The first time I saw that case I thought is was a joke. Seeing it the second time around with the price is even funnier.

What are the major sources of sound from a tower?
PSU
HARD DRIVE
CPU FAN

The power supply can have a nice quiet 80, 92 or 120mm fan Modded to it. You wont' here it at all. For the cpu, use a nice big copper heatsink (any will work fine) and put a quiet fan on it. I've been using a 1.8Ghz P4 in my test bench system at work for over 9 months with only a HSF on it. NO FAN. For the hard drive, buy a Maxtor with the fluid ball bearings and turn the quiet option on using their diskette utility. DONE, quiet system.

This is just one way, but there are countless ways to get a quiet system. Zalman makes some great products, but that thing has GIMMICK written all over it.

Back