• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my hsf good? should i change the fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Id just get a different sink, you can get a HSF with an adjustable 80mm fan on it for around 12 dollars. Keeps my 1600+(palimono) @~40C load.Click

The SF2 and an adapter would cost more then that Heatsink I linked, it would just be better to get a whole new one IMO. You would most likely see much better temps if you just get a new one.:D

Yeh the sk-7 & sf2. is the ultimate "Bang for your buck" hsf its only around 30$ and itl give you a very cool cpu and a high overclock.

The X-dream is also good value but just wont cool aswell so if you have the money go for a sk-7 but if you dont go for the xdream. Dont bother with upgrading just the fan on your hsf as its mostly the sink thats the problem.

hey guys, im only using an old athlon 900 mHz, dont u think a smartfan II and a sk-7 would be like super over-kill??...the hsf i have is rated up to athlon xp 3000+
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited:
dalilman52 said:
hey guys, im only using an old athlon 900 mHz, dont u think a smartfan II and a sk-7 would be like super over-kill??...the hsf i have is rated up to athlon xp 3000+

Yeah but...How long to plan on keeping that CPU? You'll evetually upgrade, and need a better cooler...right?. just 2 more of my cents:)

SlipperyToy said:

Yeah but...How long to plan on keeping that CPU? You'll evetually upgrade, and need a better cooler...right?. just 2 more of my cents:)

he said it best ;)

anyways, i agree, sk-7, and smt fan 2. for more info on the smt fan 2, look here, http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232251 ,<---------------- thats a thread that said why i liked the smt fan 2.

and the maker of the sk7 heatsink is , http://www.thermalright.com

thats like the best HSF combo for the money, and is up there with the really high performing ones. And, you never know when you will be getting a new cpu, i never thought i ditch my 2100 pally for a 1700 tbred b, and im glad i didnt use the stock hsf, becuase my 1700 puts off 120 watts of heat. :eek:

Good Luck!
-Nick
:cool:

Yeah that hsf you have right now looks pretty generic and probably dosnet work very well. I say get the sk-7 rather then the Coolermaster.

Back