• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm about to buy ram---

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pixel

ok right now i have adata pc4000 2x512 on mind. is there anything better than this like money is no object and stuff. i heard maybe geil but i dunno---never liked them and stuff tell me what i should get!

Mushkin Level II Black 2-2-2 is the best money can buy. An inexpensive alternative is the BH5 chip-based Buffalo PC3700 at newegg for $103 shipped. It is known to clock to 210-230+ on good voltage at 2-2-2 timings. Finally, Corsair PC3700LL (2-2-2-6) is good RAM as well, and would be my pick over the Buffalo if money was no object, but not over the Mushkin Level II Black of any speed that you would like.

Links:

www.mushkin.com for the Mushkin RAM

www.newegg.com for the Buffalo or Corsair RAM

Last edited:
Constantinos, care to link anywhere? Doing a search over the past two days I have seen only 1-2 bad Buffalo posts and over 20 good ones.

depends ppl some ppl are saying titer timings are better than having the high fsb. So if u agree with the tite timings than u shouldnt get pc4000. If u want tite timings than u should go with some mushin 3200 which is rated at c2. Maybe u could look into some of the 3500 such as the ones from corsair or kingston

A-DATA is the best high-latency DDR500 bang-for-the-buck. It's rather unknown to most Americans simply b/c of the lack of supply here. Most of what we do know is through simple hearsay and the Overclockers.Com.Au review. What suprised me about the stuff was that I heard someone getting 230MHz at low (2-3-3-5) timings with the stuff. If this is true, then this isn't just some crappy 4x00 memory that Gourda's been ragging on.

Last edited:
Speed_Mechanic2 said:
What suprised me about the stuff was that I heard someone getting 230MHz at low (not sure if 2-2-2 or 2-3-2) timings with the stuff. If this is true, then this isn't just some crappy 4x00 memory that Gourda's been ragging on.

I've been curious of it's low-latency capability at lower speeds, myself.

Back