• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ramsink is better than none right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Will Eatforfood

Well I have I couple of ramsinks I made, but I think their not as nice as the others with like 24 fins.....These only have 4 fins that are very long.....hehe;)I plan on adding it to my Ti-4200, which I REVIVED totally(it didn't even display:bad caps, overheated core and ram, crap on pins).Anyway, the Ti is really working well, except it is missing two ramsinks.

Should I add the ramsinks, or will it worsen the heat factor (the vid mem is right above a fan) .....Basically, can any heatsink actually make it hotter?

Sure most any ramsinks wil help as long as the interface material is sufficient. Use some of that THICK 2 sided stuff that some manufacturers use and its not going to help much. Artic alumina adhesive or other "similar" adhesive will make a big improvement.

hehe....I'm pretty sure they're aluminum.They came off of a TNT2 heatsink, and after filing away sharp edges, the inside seems to be a silver color, leading me to believe it is aluminum.

thanks guys!

Back