• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to go about this??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Y2KSI

Registered
You can see the system I have below.
I set it up lastnight turned it on and burnt my vidcard out in minutes, NP didn't like that one anyways.
The CPU was getting hot till I disconnected the Volcano 11+ from it, and plugged it into the MB. now it stays at a nice 28 to 35c.
I plan on buying a new ATI 9800 pro 128mb to replace what I have.

I would like to start overclocking the whole system once I get everything. Could I get some Ideas on the best way to do that?

Also the 2 corsair rams I have are starting to give me some worries, everyonce in a while I run a program it says I don't have enough system ram to run this program. Is there a way to find out if it was hurt? It never reached over 35c.

Not really sure, But I had a Tt heatpipe Giant 11 on it and the temp just kept going up and up and up before I knew it it was a 75c. and I turned it off and took that cooler off and put a Crystal orb on it and now it is staying at 45c.
I guess I should say it isn't completly burnt out just damaged. Can't run some of the games I used to run w/ it.

What is it doing..
Well, it isn't letting me do a benchmark for 3DMark03, it checks the card and says it can't do any of the test.

Also when I start a game like BlackHawk Down, It will test the vidcard and won't even finish testing and the game shuts down.
Those type of things.

Now it may be that I still use windows 98SE.
I have been kind of reluctant to upgrade to XP Pro, because of all the info on my HD now, no back up HD.

But I started the Memtest-86 v3.0, I am going to bed and see what is says in the morn. LOL
Long test.

Dang thing has been running 9.5hrs now and only on test 7.
long test!!!

I hope so, it had 16 tests it ran and no errors.
went for 12hrs.
I figured it would stop when it was done.
Guess not.
Thanks

Back