• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i have no idea what went wrong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

werdman

Registered
one morning, i wake up and turn on my computer.... then nothing appears on the monitor... the power turns on and everything, i see my fans spinning, but no signal on my monitor.. i check to see if its plugged in correctly and it is.. i tried using the monitor on a different comp, and it works.. so i assume its something internal... when i turn on my comp, i hear no beeps... can someone help

it was not overclocked.. my setup was an ECS K75SA PRO, Athlon XP 2400+, and a Radeon 8500... one day, it just stopped working

Do you move the rig around, maybe something came loose. If so reseat your memory and all your cards. Good time to check and clean dust out to. If you cant fix it in the case take it all out, and rebuild with just the basics. Hope you get it to post.
Good luck

Shade00 said:
Was it overclocked? Try clearing the CMOS.

i second this, unplug the computer and pull the cmos battery(if it dosn't have a clear cmos jumper), wait a minute, put it back together

I used to teach PC hardware at a tech school, we used to sabotage the lab pc's to have the students get aka real life experience. Man, we did some Mean sh$%, to keep them from posting. I would to anything to get paid to break computers again.

amok time said:
I used to teach PC hardware at a tech school, we used to sabotage the lab pc's to have the students get aka real life experience. Man, we did some Mean sh$%, to keep them from posting. I would to anything to get paid to break computers again.

Nice job yours, eh???
What other things did you do to the poor students? ROFL!!!!!

Mito said:

Nice job yours, eh???
What other things did you do to the poor students? ROFL!!!!!

You know all the day-to-day things you would find wrong with a pc. Broken points on the bios batter, mixed simm’s, cables on backwards, AT power switch unwired, case stand off sorting the board out, and dead vd cards and so forth. I had to deal with it when I was in school; it was pay back time as far as I was concerned. Plus it was ed... bla bla bla It was fun

Back