• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The ID.10T CPU test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The VTech

Captain Bawls
OK we have all made a dumb mistake from time to time. If you haven't then you shouldn't be here.

Any way, my recent flub is now an interesting statement for AMD processors.

Mistakenly, I placed my SLK-800a on an angle so that it was sitting on the step and not fully flush with the core. (Not a good thing)

So my core temps ranged from 165-213 F while my socket ambient temps were down around 100 or less. Even as cool as 87 at one time. MBM5 went alarm crazy after setting it to read the diode and I just figured that my motherboard must have gotten screwed up from being in the AZ sun for 5 days thanks to FedEX.

So, after 2 weeks with this board and using an Athlon XP 2400+ then ON TOP OF IT ALL!!! I purhcased an Athlon XP 2600+ 333 FSB, and was STILL HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!! DOH!!

So anyhow, lets just say that while AMD says your CPU will die at 185F it will run quite well and stable at 200+F although I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BE ATTEMPTED.

How's that for a little food for thought eh.

Back