• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No boot at 2400 MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vehbi

Registered
Hi,

I have been able to overclock my Athlon TB 1700+ upto 2300 MHz @1.625 V (11.5*200) without any problem, on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 Board. An attempt to increase to 2400 MHz (12*200 @1.75V which is the limit for Asus board) unfortunately failed. In fact, Asus board run at this frequency very well at the first time, performed some benchmarks, but when I switched off and on the computer, it did not boot up. I had to reset the computer and reduce the settings to 11.5*200. I have never installed Uber bioses, because I have some doubts that I can damage the CPU at higher voltages like 1.85V.

The TB 1700+ is DLT3C, JIUHB coded. I can not remember the whole code now.

Does anybody have any experience with the 1700+@2400 MHz? Is it really risky to run at 2400 MHz @ 1.85V (if possible)? I am using SLK700 heatsink w/TMD fan.
Thanks for your replies...

It runs around 42-43 C (@2300 MHz and 1.75 V). But during the benchmark testing @2400 MHz (@1.75 V Vcore) the temperature was changing around 44-45 C.

I don't think the temperature is causing any trouble. Maybe your chip is just maxing out at about 2300MHz. Try some intermediate settings, like 2340Mhz etc and see how it runs.

YviE

I have already done that. But Asus board does not enable booting beyond 2300 MHz. It seems it needs 1.85 V with Uberbios 1400 (if Asus A7N8X Deluxe does not have any hardware limitation). Nevertheless, it is still a little bit risky to run 1700+ at 1.85 V whose original voltage is 1.5V.

what r your specs, more will reply if you display your rig in your sig, i.e., power supply, ram, etc..

the uber bios is the same as the one asus puts out, just all the hidden options are now displayed

your temps are more than fine, you should have no trouble upping the vcore, but i'd be upping the fsb before raising the multiplier more

speedy.jpg

hifsb.jpg

This is on an 1800+ DLT3C with 1.5 default so 1.85 is nothing but i do think its on an individule chip bases but if it remains stable after gaming just keep going higher if your temps are low. This is what i run at in the winter and it was around Feb. of this year. To hot currently i need to have my air condition on to run this fast. On a 2100+ i threw a nice 2.1 volts at a bit under 2500mhz but sold that rig to a friend. Systems all still running and its been sense Feb.
temp%20control.jpg

How about your cooling? The Vcore is too high for me to increase. I can not dare that. But taking yours as a reference, there should be no problem at 1.85V for 2400 Hz (12*200). It is nice that your CPU gets only 35C @ 2455 MHz/2.048 V.

By the way, I think Asus enables to increase Vcore when Uber Bios 1400 is installed? Have you modded your board to get 2.048V?

Be very brave and join the club : vcore is the answer These two have the spirit.... this stuff is addictive *325cic & Molester my hats off two you both"

I have a two 90mm sunon fans on a Zalmans bracket on top of a H001 coolermaster heatsink pipe and all 50mm on north and south bridges with heatsinks and on my mosfets i run a heat sink that covers all four. On my rev1.04 board i did all mods vdimm, vdd, 5volt rail, vcore. On my rev2. I only use the the vcore but i do have the vdd on that to but its not turned up at all. The memory at the time i could only buy pc3500 and nothing els was available so im sure it will go higher.. posted at 230 fsb at very loose timings but i keep it tight.

Currently hunting down 1800+ JIXHB DLT3C 0321

Don't you think that 2300-2400 MHz is the physical limit for XP1700+, considering no active cooling is used on the NB?

Has anybody overclocked the 1700+ CPU more than 2300 MHz on an Asus board without any extra cooling on the bridges, except the one on the CPU ?

I have a feeling that I am on the limit with 2300 MHz (@1.625, 11.5*200 and with a fan on the CPU only) for XP1700+

If somebody got a success in overclocking 1700+ at 2400 MHz without any forced cooling solution, pls. let us know.

I don't think you'll get much more out of it. But you can always try. 2.3Ghz - 2.4Ghz is a great overclock for a 1700+!

YviE

Back