• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 queries re nf7-s rev2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axion

1. my computer completely refused to boot from the wxp cd... i had to install w2k and then change to wxp through w2k... why was this?

2. what 3dmark01se score should i expect @ stock with my system?

system:
nf7-s
1800+ juihb dl3tc
2x256 twinmos pc3200 w/ m-tek chips
grandmars 9700 w/ 2.8ns samsung mem
120gb 8mb maxtor
liteon cdrw & dvd
slk900u w/ tt smartfan2 @ 4800rpm

one additonal one

is there anyway to disable sata raid? it really slows my boot time down as it detects sata drives etc.

1) Your windows xp disk is not bootable. Unless it boots other systems, in which case I have no idea.

2) Run 3dmark and find out, the number it tells you at the end is the number you should expect to get. After you do that go to the online result browser and compare to similar systems.

3) There is a setting in the BIOS to disable that. It is under Integrated Peripherals -> Onboard PCI Devices. (That manual the board came with is a great place to find information.)

kct2 said:
1) Your windows xp disk is not bootable. Unless it boots other systems, in which case I have no idea.

2) Run 3dmark and find out, the number it tells you at the end is the number you should expect to get. After you do that go to the online result browser and compare to similar systems.

3) There is a setting in the BIOS to disable that. It is under Integrated Peripherals -> Onboard PCI Devices. (That manual the board came with is a great place to find information.)

1. it does boot other comps

2. i did - it seemed low so i thought someone might give me an idea what it should be here

3. no need to be short... im not @ home so i cant check the manual... but i remembered wondering about it - again thought id ask before i went home so i can change it straight away

thanks anyway

Abit has the manual online also, in PDF format. Didn't mean to have an attitude, just many people ignore the manual and ask questions that 2 seconds of reading would have answered.

Was your 3dmark score low compared to similar systems listed at the futuremark site, or did it seem low compared to what you were expecting? What was your score? Have a compare link?

I would think 12500-13500 would be a reasonable score with that system.

And more importantly, how are the games you play?

Last edited:
3dmark 2001 = 12200'ish completely stock (from experience - not of my own ;) thank u james miller, git ;))

is the XP cd an upgrade only and not a full install cd?

yeah make sure that you have the CDrom that you are putting the CD in set to boot first, then after the raid detectin it should say booting from cd, and then sometimes it'll ask you to press any key to boot from cd.

If you dissable the thing in onboard pci devices you wont be able to use teh SATA ports either right?

winxp is bootable. just select cdrom for 1st boot instead of the default floppy from within the bios

Back