• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A-DATA PC4000 US Reseller!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ram i currently have i bought from Newegg.com with the Winbond BH-5 chips. I'm not certain they still guarentee the BH-5 chips now.

FattyMcNastyXK said:
They are over pricing that adata RAM. You can get 2 sticks of it for the price of one from the UK with reasonable shipping

Where is the Linky Love man!!

I had to ask an "Elder" so i may be mistaken. If so then it was definately cheaper..still a little confused as to which the "British Pound" actually is.

Overclockers.Co.Uk is an English site, and uses Great Britain Pounds (GBP). ADATA 256MB is 49.99 GBP plus ~8.50 GBP shipping. 512MB is 107.50 GBP plus ~8.50 GBP shipping. This makes 256MB a little more then $93, and 512MB a little less then $186.

I don't know if you guys have looked around but all the people that got the A-Data 4000 ram in the last months have given very mixed reviews. I have see a very select few people getting great results with it but other's that have sold it within days of getting it. I persoanlly don't think the A-Data ram is all it's hyped up to be. Also some of the kingston ram out there is using the same hynix 4.3ns chips as the A-data 4000

Steve

Speed_Mechanic2 said:
True A-DATA PC4000 doesn't use Hynix 43 chips.

Yes it does. The old ones that used v-data chips I think. But all the new sticks I have seen people have had some other A-data labled chips

But if you don't belive me

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17066&highlight=adata+hynix

Point is nobody really knows, but when you look at it there are IMO 4 major chip makers and out of Mosel, Samsung, Winbond and Hynix chips the hynix chips are the most similar in overclocking characteristics.

Steve

V-DATA and A-DATA are the same company. V-DATA chips are made by A-DATA the company. True A-DATA is in-house built A-DATA. 4ns A-DATA chips are the good stuff that can do DDR600. The main problems occur when resellers try to get ahold of the stuff from overseas. They run into contacts that are unknown or are simply scamming, and end up selling incorrect products. A-DATA 4ns chips are found in generic built DDR500 offerings in the US.

Back