• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Specs on these ebay fans? (120mm panaflos)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GameFAQsRolo

Official Cool Guy
Commerce, Los Angeles County, California, USA
CLICK ME!

I'd love to buy these fans, but only if they're over 100CFM. I just can't find the specs anywhere. I know I read a thread on a different forum where they were going to do a group buy and someone listed the specs, but I have no idea what forum it was.

If anyone knows anything about these fans, I'd appreciate you posting it.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Part Number....................... FBK-12G12LH (predecessor to the FBA-12G12L1A hydro wave model)
Manufacturer...................... Panasonic / Matsu****a Electric, Japan
Size, In................................ 4.73" X 4.73" X 1.497"
Size, mm............................ 120mm x 120mm x 38mm
Voltage............................... 12 volts DC
Current................................ 0.20
Watts................................... 2.16
RPM .................................... 1700
Flow CFM (Max)................... 68.9
Noise (dBA)......................... 30
Bearing Type....................... Dual Ball Bearing ( NOT the Hydro-Wave)
Material-Venturi.................. UL94V-0 Plastic
Material-Propeller............... UL94V-0 Plastic
Power Leads....................... 2- 22AWG
Termination ....................... 12" Leadwires w/ 4-pin Molex male connector
Life Expectancy-MTBF......... 60,000 Hours

You should buy them anyway and make a case with them and zip ties. :)

Those are really quiet for the air they push. They push double the air that a 80mm that quiet would do. Seems like they would be great for ducting down to 80mm heatsinks for modest to medium high overclocks with low noise.

You might well be able to sell the excess fans in our classifieds, too, when you're done with them. I think RW has a great suggestion there -- use them as an intake duct right over your HSF.

I've been doing the same with a different 120mm fan running at 5V, and the low noise and good cooling is fantastic. Wouldn't mind giving a 120mm panaflo a try, though ...

Only thing that's too bad, though, is that they don't have the fluid bearings. Now THAT would be quite a quiet fan! :)

Good luck on your decision! -- Paul

hmm those fans have got some funky connectors on them though. would have to hack it off and remake them in order to use them with standard plugs. Probably why they are cheap.. but 60$ for 40 120mm fans is a dang good deal either way.... I would get them but still got a case of 80mm sitting around lol

Ralf Hutter said:
The guys over at SilentPCReview.com have been buying these lots of OEM Panaflos and reselling them in the forums. They're a steal at $2 each.

That must've been where I saw it. They are a good buy for a silent PC if you don't have a fan controller. After spending lots on "silent" fans, I realized that having normal fans on a fan controller have more benefits(especially over summer).

BTW, I listed an auction where he has the starting bid at $49.99, but he usually has some that start at $39.99(I listed the more expensive one just in case;)).

Back