• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help w/ mod on 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mizzery

I have built a voltage regulator to get more power into my board. The regulator takes twelve volts in and puts out 5.01-5.02volts (no load). I wish to attach this to the mofsets. I just took my board out to do it and forgot to test with my meter which ones are the 5V mofsets.

I was wondering if anyone could check their mofsets w/ a meter and tell me which ones are the 5V ones so i don't have to remount my block to find out.

Well if someone doesn't beat me too it, my friend is should be stopping by with a multimeter in an hour or so, for the same mod too! If you can wait that long and he actually stops by I'll post the results for you.

Ok, i just checked it with my meter, couldn't wait and hooked it back up. If anyone here is planning on doing a 5v mod to this board then It is the three where the metal base faces toward the io connectors. . I added some heatsinks to my mosfets yesterday, and without the blowhole blowing on them, they will literally burn me. I need to get me one of them new chips that defalts to 1.45v. :drool:

Current 5v mosfet reading : 4.78V , it drops as I increas my vcore. RIght now i'm running at 1.675V @ 11X200.

I will post results as I find time to actually install the mod.

It consists of three 7805 5v voltage regulators, each rated @ 1A. I have a 4700uf 35v polarized cap keeping things stable. I have a heatsink glued to the mosfets. Oversized for the to-220 package but its what i had. I'm debating on wether or not to add the smaller filter caps to the end as the voltage is stable, but I have no oscillicope to measure noise. I'm entering my w/c system in a contest in oct at school. I'll take a look at it then as they've got scopes there.

Pic to follow my sister leaving other comptuer, or tomorrow after work.

Last edited:
Mizzery said:

Thanks and sorry about the wrong topic. I have no idea where i put it as I intended to post it here.

Oddly enough, it was in the Classifieds. ;) It even got replies asking if you were looking to hire someone to check thier mosfets... :p

Back