• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCX462-V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I also see a sig that the mods will delete if you don't edit it . Your sig is a bit too long . You can either cut stuff out of it , or resize the fonts or both .

Just a headsup before you see your sig removed .

If I stick with air I will definetly get that. I would then mount a 120mm, 190CFM, 59 Db delta screamer on it.

Thank You,
Daniel

Ffats said:
That NB Cooler was sweet..

My attention was also drawn to it- it does look solid, but on the other hand it also looks like it needs quite some airflow seeing how dense and thick the pins are. I wonder how it stacks up with typical weak NB fans... because with small diameter fans there is always the noise factor with the dreaded high-pitched whine.

No surprise here... Swiftech has always been ahead of the pack in my eyes. There really isn't another company that makes truly innovative cooling products like Swiftech. Ooh, look another micro-fin heatsink... whooptee freaking doo. Not only are Swiftech's heatsinks great performers, they are SO DANG PRETTY.

FIZZ3 said:

My attention was also drawn to it- it does look solid, but on the other hand it also looks like it needs quite some airflow seeing how dense and thick the pins are. I wonder how it stacks up with typical weak NB fans... because with small diameter fans there is always the noise factor with the dreaded high-pitched whine.

IMHO: It would be just fine.......Not like you're trying to cool a CPU.

RangerJoe said:
someone needs to get it over with and make a 120mm heatsink already...i mean come on!
For that to work I think it'd take something like a sink with heatpipes inside the base, so the heat can be quickly diffused across the whole surface area of the sink. then the size of the fan would become an asset. As it is now, with the blind spot in the middle and all, a standard block of copper 120mm base would just eat up motherboard capacitor space. Well that's my take on it anyway.

Shhhh. Be wewwy, wewwy qwiet, I'm hunting sigs.......

The deadspot phenomenon is lessened a great deal by a good and well shaped fan adaptor . The trick then is to get a 120 mm fan whose cfm is high enough to offset the dead space problem but at the same time quiet . I unfortunately suffered through several months of a very loud 120 mm 110+ CFM Sunon fan , it did the job though :)

I ordered a P model this AM direct from Swiftech because I can't find anyone online who has them yet. Criminy, $58 for the MCX462-V and now $38 for the nb cooler, I must have no life...

lyle said:
I ordered a P model this AM direct from Swiftech because I can't find anyone online who has them yet. Criminy, $58 for the MCX462-V and now $38 for the nb cooler, I must have no life...

Well you better have a life and it had better be a job!:p

Back