• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bkn_1971

Registered
Ok I have a lot of info on memory (and seen a lot of debates on it) I will try to pinpoint what I want... 1:1 and around 266 fsb or is this just a pipe dream....I may not even need that much but I would like the headroom to do so. Oh yes the v dimm can be @ 3.1 ps I like tight timings

my thoughts were the adata 500 or ocz500 gold but this is a costly part of the computer so I would like to get it right the first time.

pss I want it all don't you?

;:) Thank You in advance. Laters

OCZ PC4000 was the top performing DDR500 out there currently. Although it's cost is at a premium, and it's gain over A-DATA is not so great (I wouldn't consider it to be worth the slight gain).

Also the cost for the gain of 266 1:1 at high timings should be debated between the cost of running 5:4 (with memory around 220-240 at 2-2-2-5 timings) with an FSB of 260-280.

Back