• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I be worried? Too high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capt_howdy

I'm running an unlocked 1333 @ 9x150, and seeing a load temp of 50°C, with a system temp of 24°C. Idle is 44-45°C.

I have a PanaFlo 118CFM intake, Speeze 80mm back exhaust, Speeze 80mm Side intake, and a Speeze HSF (rated @ 37CFM XP3200+), and an old fan off a socket 7 HSF for the intake vents on the PSU.

Before I swapped in the 118CFM intake, I was running 56° load.

This comp is on full load 20 hours a day.

I was thinking of adding a Tornado to the heat sink, but is it really worth it.

In other words, is 50° OK for the older AMDs?

From what I hear, 50C is a nice temperature for the older AMD procs, especially if overclocking (okay, 17 MHz isn't much of an overclock :D ). Just watch your fans to make sure they don't die - if one does, your temps will skyrocket.

i assume this is air cooled, 50C for any air cooled system is pretty nice and WELL within the safety range. Especially for olders procs cause they tend to run hotter, good temp man :thup:

Thanks, guess I'll just leave it as it is.

It has been running for 3 days now, and no crashes.

I was just concerned since my P4's all run 5-10°C cooler under load with less air movement in the cases.

50 degrees is fine for the older ones. But you are in that temp. range now where you have to make sure that the room temp does not rise significantally or you will risk damaging your CPU.

Thank You,
Daniel

Back