• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100+ won't do 2200mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I have my 2100+ Tbred B JIUHB @ 200x11 w/ 1.75vcore, but it just isn't stable. It fails prime w/ a rounding error after 2 seconds of running. Idle temp is 31C (or so my mobo says).

Weird thing is it would do 2000mhz at stock voltage (1.6v).

Last edited:
Well, overclocking is like playing the lottery, sure lots of people to get good results, but its not 100%.... you are taking a chance at getting a high OC. Not all chips do.

Your's is the first JIUHB 2100 I have seen and most of the good OC'ing 2100's are AIUHB's. So maybe its just not a good stepping. It sounds a lot like the 1700's, a lot of them will run very high but after a certain point addning more voltage just doesn't help them at all.

My 2100+ wouldn't budge until 1.8 Vcore.

More voltage than 1.8 did not result in significant gains and interestingly, less voltage resulted in significant reduction in max OC.

37(min) C to 46(max) C Winter ; 42(min) C to 50(max) C Summer
Epox 8RDA+
Thermalright SK-7 with variable speed 80x25mm YS-Tech FD1281259B-2F
BFG GeForce4 Ti4200 8X 128MB; Antec SX-835II case ; 350W Antec SmartPower SL350

mine overclocked fine.... some times different MB just need more volts to get it going. good luck

i have 2100+ rev(B) i forget the stepping

got her up to 2.35 1.8v wit stock HSF

wasnt stable while gaming

i wanna blame most of that on this abit kd7-e

abit boards run too hot via north bridge

no matter what attempts to get a higher clock i try....

ill know in the back of my mind that if the northbridge wasnt...

i can clock more

im just going to get a mobo i know has reputation for using...
cooler running capacitors for this system

biostar m7ncd pro is on my list as of now

vidgion, 2350 MHz on stock Thoroughbred heatsink!?

Booting into Windows and successfully overclocking are 2 different things.

Your booting at 2350 MHz (!) into Windows on stock Thoroughbred heatsink is truly remarkable.

c627627 said:
Welcome new member.

It may be that your overclock is stable enough to boot but the system may not be stable. If you Priume95 Torture test it, it may fail indicating the system is running with little or no margin. It's stable enough to boot and to be moderately stressed, but as soon as the system is under enough load to go over that critical point, it will freeze. To be 100% stable, Prime95 should run 12-24 hours without any errors.

Note that trully stable 2350 MHz is just fantastic. That's a PR rating up there in the 3000+s.

I predict you going to
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

and downloading Prime95.

Then, to test the stability of overclocked CPU:

Double click on PRIME95.EXE to start the program.

Just Stress Testing (if prompted) > OK >
Options > Torture Test > Blend (if prompted) > OK

The program should not give any errors.
It may be necessary to run the program 12-24 hours to make sure an overclocked system is stable (no program errors displayed).

If you get errors only after several hours, this is a result of slight instability because the system is running with little or no margin. It's stable enough to boot and to be moderately stressed, but as soon as the system is under enough load to go over that critical point, it will freeze. To be 100% stable, Prime95 should run 12-24 hours without any errors.

The point of testing is to see if you get errors or not thus testing the stability. The meaning of errors themselves is not as important.

Running Prime95 Torture Test for 5 to 30 minutes is enough to get a feeling about general stability. If it seems to be stable, increase the FSB (with 0.025V Vcore increase if needed, not to exceed 1.8 volts), or increase the multiplier by 0.5.

Reboot and run Prime95 Torture Test for 5 to 30 minutes and repeat this until the Program displays errors.
It's then time to back down and repeat the Torture Test until there are no errors for at least 12 hours.

It's OK to use the computer while Prime95 Torture Test is running in the background.

Last edited:
c627627
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vidgion, 2350 MHz on stock Thoroughbred heatsink!?

Booting into Windows and successfully overclocking are 2 different things.

Your booting at 2350 MHz (!) into Windows on stock Thoroughbred heatsink is truly remarkable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes remarkable but rare

wasnt the best HSF i ve ever had but she wasnt the worst

was bundled wit my 1700+ rev(a)

was running with the 1700+ but was horrible

i was under loads @ 60-65 celcius on an asus board

bout the same time i upgraded was the time that planetside

was released and i built this rig soley for that game

grabbed the 2100+ b/c heard she wood run 40% cooler than

the 1700+

well thats fine and dandy but b/c planetside is so hardware intensive i have to keep moderate temps now

b/c of this mobo im stuck @ 2.16 ram O"C slightly to
160 btw which is pc2100

34/52 celcius

soon as i start planetside temps go through the roof

and i found that planetside is a great app. if u want to make ur system crawl, i had no need for prime after buying this

if u can run planetside, ur stable:)

Well, it's 0.8 MB download here:
ftp://mersenne.org/gimps/p95v237.zip

Please post if you can pass Prime95 > Options > Torture Test
for 15 minutes at 2350 MHz with stock T-Bred heatsink and also what the temps are while Torture Test is running full throttle.

c627627
---------------------

that configuration was upgraded in may

but i did run prime vigurously and only things i had

to change were timings

had a cheapo PWS but slapped a 400w powmax in to

takecare of that

3 days i ran prime and was stable as a rock

this was the asus mobo btw-43/51

that asus was always giving me high readings so i went
soyo dragon then this abit

same heat problems as asus