• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new asus a7n8x deluxe v2.0 won't hit 2400MhZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

325cic

Damn, I just RMA my broad because some problems with the fan connector. when I got my new broad. the bio chip look different. so I connect everything back same at the old broad. I found that new broad won't hit 230 x 10.5 or 222 x 11 like I used to be able to hit easily. It will only go up to 215 max with untable problem. This is really ****ed me off. any one just got new broad and have same problem?

Also, anyone please show me how u flash your bio to 1005uber because I did download it and save to floppy disk. reboot and ALT +F2 to flash it. it tell me "no file found" then reboot. I also try to use the Asus update but it tell me the current verison not match the new 1005uber so it won't let me flash it. if u know how please show step by step. That will be great!!!!

nevermind!!!:D Look what I found. I told out the cpu and found some sliver compound on the resistors and capaitor on the cpu. so I used alcohol clean it all out just like new ;) pop it back in and Now, I can overclock I was 232 x 10.5 or 222 x 11 (vcore 2.06V). the funny part is all the overclock is without vdimm and Vdd more :eek: so I guess asus have fixed all the bug they had. Now, it really make me a Happy man.:D just want to share this with u guys ;) U learn some new everyday :D

Happy overclocking guys!!!!!!

yup... I got sliver compond just enough on the cpu. now I mod my dimm and vdd... I set my vdd to 2.0v and Vdimm to 3.1v I be able to clock it to 244 x 10 or 233 x 10.5 or 222 x 11. seem like it will not pass the 2440 due to the vcore max out at 2.11V. the damn chip got over protection set at 2.1v if I got more volt.. this babe can easy make 2500 with out problems..... hopeful someone found some way to by pass the damn overvolt limitation. ;)

seriously, i think i found it

when i turn on my computer, it instantly tells me "cpu voltage out of range" or something to that effect, but it still boots

jump back a month

for some reason my "Case open alert" stopped working properly, even if i put the jumper back, so on the first page in the bios, i set the value to "No Errors" so it would boot past it

jump back to now

this may be the answer, but i don't think i'm gonna try and push past the 2.16 mark to find out, if you're brave enough, try this and see if it works

Molester said:
seriously, i think i found it

when i turn on my computer, it instantly tells me "cpu voltage out of range" or something to that effect, but it still boots

jump back a month

for some reason my "Case open alert" stopped working properly, even if i put the jumper back, so on the first page in the bios, i set the value to "No Errors" so it would boot past it

jump back to now

this may be the answer, but i don't think i'm gonna try and push past the 2.16 mark to find out, if you're brave enough, try this and see if it works

u can't bypass the limited overprotection. I read the spec for the vcore chip set. it only go to 2.1v +/- .07 and it built in the chip. When ever the chip Volt in / volt out = 1. the damn thing shutdown. I currently looking a way to fool the the voltage In to 2.25V or some so we have more voltage to rise ;) some I need to look more into the chip b4 I will do anything.. because if I make a wrong move... I will fry the babe :D

i was going to say, i got the voltage up to 2.18, but i guess that's damn clost to the +/- .07 tolerance(did this for spikes i'm sure)

i didn't really make any good advances w/ the mod though, so i took it all out till i've done the chipset voltage mod to go w/ it(and possibly the memory voltage mod as well)

get back to you all when that's done(gotta get another damn pot)

Molester said:
i was going to say, i got the voltage up to 2.18, but i guess that's damn clost to the +/- .07 tolerance(did this for spikes i'm sure)

i didn't really make any good advances w/ the mod though, so i took it all out till i've done the chipset voltage mod to go w/ it(and possibly the memory voltage mod as well)

get back to you all when that's done(gotta get another damn pot)

Good!! as soon as u got the chipset mod and set at 2v and Vdimm to 3.1v u can fly with it broad :D because you xp 2700 can go higher than mine. just remember this. mod Vdimm for better timing. mod Vdd for higher front side bus. mod vcore to max out the cpu speed. :D by the way, your xp 2700 is barton or Tber. if TB, u can set the jumper from 266 to 200. u will go more than 2500 with better cooling.

it's a t-bred b, but why would i change the jumper from 266/333/400 to 200?

and i'm really not concerned w/ the cooling, i had the voltage up to 2.18v on vcore and under load i didn't get over 53-55c

read this and u will understand why I think u have better chance to hit 2500 than my barton. try it, it won't hurt... just see what the babe can do... I don't have the T-b so I can't do it. :( at u can see. he got the same setup u have. he hit 2600 with out 2.05vcore. but he mod vdimm and vdd and got it up to 3.17v for vdimm and 1.97 for the vdd. so.... u get the point! right...:D
http://www.maximumoc.com/guides/a7n8x_modding.html

325cic said:
read this and u will understand why I think u have better chance to hit 2500 than my barton. try it, it won't hurt... just see what the babe can do... I don't have the T-b so I can't do it. :( at u can see. he got the same setup u have. he hit 2600 with out 2.05vcore. but he mod vdimm and vdd and got it up to 3.17v for vdimm and 1.97 for the vdd. so.... u get the point! right...:D
http://www.maximumoc.com/guides/a7n8x_modding.html

awesome find 325cic, thanx, it's everything i'll be doing, and i will try moving the jumper from 133/166/200 to 100 and see what that does(but still skeptical), i'm really happy where i'm at right now(in sig, on air), but the overclocker in me wants more

Back