• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best overclocking mobo under $100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkDraco

Even though i havnt used the mobo listed in my sig, i want a better one because this one only supports 4xagp and up to pc2700 ram. Does anyone know the best overclocking mobos for under 100$? something around the 80s

well sir I would higly recomend the epox 8rda+ OR the abit nf7 rev2.0 :D.....both are GREAT! mobos and the 2 best overclocking boards on the market.....fyi the only thing you are missing from the nf7-s and the nf7 is sata and soundstorm sound......you will enjoy either of these mobos :D

DarkDraco

think u can provide a link? thanks

Sure :D

Abit Nf7-rev2

It looks as though the epox 8rda+ is a tad hard to find now adays :(......

seeing as the 8rda+ is so tuff to find I would just go with the abit board....its a better overclocker anywho.....and for 88$ thats hard to beat :D

if you can find an NF7-S for less than 100$ go for it.

For a lot cheaper though I really like this AN35Ultra. It can do 230fsb which is a lot better than most amd boards can it seems. Itsa good choice if you dont need firewire or SATA and want to save money. only problem is that vdimm only goes up to 2.7.

I'm using the NF7 non S and IMO, the best bang for the buck for a NF2 board :D ... Sil3112 (SATA controller on NF7-S) seems to have plenty problems, so it's better to use a PCI SATA controller card with promise chip than using the onboard controller ..

if you're into audio, Soundstorm on NF7-S is the way to go tho :) .. and it's worth the extra $20 from the non S version.

nut581
I'm using the NF7 non S and IMO, the best bang for the buck for a NF2 board ... Sil3112 (SATA controller on NF7-S) seems to have plenty problems, so it's better to use a PCI SATA controller card with promise chip than using the onboard controller ..

if you're into audio, Soundstorm on NF7-S is the way to go tho .. and it's worth the extra $20 from the non S version.

you think the sound difference between the non s and the s is really that signifigent?......I am just curious......I am actually thinking about buying a much better sound setup....although I am quite pleased with my 2.1 setup......I was thinken a nice affordable 4.1 setup would be nice..:D

how high have you guys gotten the NF7 on FSB???
My epox would crap out at 211, and now that its dead, I wouldnt
mind getting a board that would go higher

treepop said:
nut581

you think the sound difference between the non s and the s is really that signifigent?......I am just curious......I am actually thinking about buying a much better sound setup....although I am quite pleased with my 2.1 setup......I was thinken a nice affordable 4.1 setup would be nice..:D

it's on the same level with audigy 1 . if you already have higher quality sound setup, then by all means, get the NF7 :D .. unless you need firewire (which is a rarity these days ...)

Hi guys,

About the NF7...

I'm currently using a Soltek 75frn2-l and am in the market for something that can give my 2400 a lil more juice. I've read that the Epox can go to 2.2v (correct me if I'm wrong).

Does the NF7 go beyond the 1.85v barrier too?

And also, I've searched all over for a volt mod for the Soltek but can't seem to find one. If anyone knows of one could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Bill

1.) does the Non-S still have onboard sound?

2.) i noticed ATA133 on one computer and Ultra DMA on another, whats the diff?

DarkDraco

1.) does the Non-S still have onboard sound?

2.) i noticed ATA133 on one computer and Ultra DMA on another, whats the diff?

1.) Yes I belive it's around the same as an SBLive 5.1(I may be wrong)

2.)If you are talking about the nf7 mobos I belive the non-s has ata133 and the nf7-s has ata133 AND sata150

Back