• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*sigh* ram choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
... I would suggest the Kingston Hyperx 3500.., I just saw on Kingston's site, shop kingston, a 1GB kit for $240 (free 2-day shipping). The mushkin is more expensive, and the tests were pretty close between the two.

if you need to save some $$, go with the kingston, if you want to pay for unmatched customer service and ( i think) guarenteed bh-5 ram chips, get the mushkin

Hello Pixel!

Go with HyperX or OCZ Gold, depending on you prefs. Orrrrrrrrrrrr.....

JK man you already can't decide.

Flip a coin :)

haha! i think ill go mushkin just too feel safe and hopefully ill know where the extra cash is goin

HyperX. With Mushkin you'll get the same with higher price. They do have excellent customer service though as said.

ahhh! confused! ok i got a reason to get hyperx they can hit F1!! can mushkin do that?

The OCZ Gold overclocks well, if you want to run at 1:1 with relaxed timings. With active cooling, my Gold PC3700 Dual Channel (2x256Mb) will run 250FSB DDR 1:1, albeit at the same timings as the OCZ Gold PC4000 and with raised voltage.

im looking for 2x512 and ocz gold doesnt have that so thats why im not lookin at them :p and they also have icky timings im trying to find 2-2-2-5! so far only kingston and mushkin can do it

Get the Mushkin, if you don't like it you can return it, they give you a two week trial no questions asked guarantee, if HyperX offered that I would say order that, but they dont. So get the Mushkin and you won't suffer from Buyers remorse later on.

Also its $199 for a 512 stick of Mushlin Level II pc3200 and its $165 at Newegg, you do the math then buy it at Newegg ;)

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...in,DDR,512MB,PC3200,222,-,Black,Hi,Perf,Level

That is if you don't mind the pc3200

20-146-284-02.JPG

Mushkins level 2 are really good, but you pay lots of cash for them, other mushkin mem is not worth looking at.
For a lil more cash you can buy 2x more good mem by Kingston or GeIL.

If cash doesn't matter I'd rather choose Mushkins.

haha yea im gonna get 2x512 mushkin level2 3500s but first! i needa get a job and get rid of my current ram which isnt bad but its not for me kuz i have a 2.8c and it works better with 2.6 or 2.4

Back